• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Temp gauge wiring to non-standard dash

105Charlie

Hi,

I need to wire up my 940 turbo engine temp sensor to my 343(volvo) dash. I assume I can take the wires straight from the temp sensor to the two wires on the back of the dash?

Does anyone know exactly what wires/sensor I should connect up to and how?

Thanks

We're mostly familiar with American cars here. Do you know the original engine of the 343? Even better, the part number or output range of the sensor in it?

Best case, the sensor is the same range as the 940 sensor, and you can just wire it up.

Worse case, the 940 sensor is wrong but you can screw a 343 sensor into the same hole.

Worst case, you may have to find an adapter or other improvised solution so you can attach a 343 sensor to the 940 cooling system.

The LH2.2 engines use a 2-pin single temp. sender for the ECU. The LH2.4 engines use a 2-pin dual temp. sender (one goes to ECU, one to EZK, ground through the block). The sender for the dashboard gauge is single pin (with ground through the block). It might be easiest to just try it and compare the dashboard gauge with an IR thermometer reading of the block/radiator/hose connections.

The LH2.2 engines use a 2-pin single temp. sender for the ECU. The LH2.4 engines use a 2-pin dual temp. sender (one goes to ECU, one to EZK, ground through the block). The sender for the dashboard gauge is single pin (with ground through the block). It might be easiest to just try it and compare the dashboard gauge with an IR thermometer reading of the block/radiator/hose connections.

So I've got three senders in the block under the inlet, all with two pins?

I can't see a single sender with one pin!

Back