• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

'93 volvo 940 turboy

New summer wheels. DRW 16x8 et0 front and -12 rear, 225/50R16 Firestone Firehawk Indy500. They rub the plastic inner fender during maximum cornering but it appears to be self-clearancing and does not contact the sheet metal.

Hzf6udk.jpg

oADh7sd.jpg

And just like that, it's all over

cZgOLR1.jpg

pqQvczp.jpg

The car is immediately not worth fixing. I had a whole big to-do list of things that were wrong with it, it's got a horrendous amount of PA rust, and now the frame is questionable.

It was an awesome experience, I learned a tremendous amount from this car, and I loved every minute of it.

And for the record. When I got it home, I pulled the radiator away from the belts, and started right up.

Last edited:
that stinks. Parting it out, or swapping goodies over to another one?

I'm sure you were OK - 700's are great energy absorbers. Sorry to see the crunchy crunchy. It does look like a standard nose swap though - unless the frame rails bent?

So sorry about your car.

For what it’s worth I pulled a similar front impact out with a chain and put junkyard panels on my beloved ‘93 and it drove another… 7 years.

Back