• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ls1/t56 swap

If you haven't done it yet -- loosen up the fasteners holding the column and you can shift the column a bit towards the driver's side - that should free you up a bit of clearance as well.

If you haven't done it yet -- loosen up the fasteners holding the column and you can shift the column a bit towards the driver's side - that should free you up a bit of clearance as well.

Wont be much. Does your squeak now when turning at slow speeds?

As I recall - 2 fasteners where column passes through and smack it with my hand; took all of 45 seconds and shifted the column maybe 1/4” away from the manifold.

edit - clarify - 1/4" gained where the column comes through the firewall; less than that out at the manifold, but most of us will take what we can get.

tx240 - LOL; maybe someone had already moved yours in that direction before you tried. Can only tell you what happened on mine. Apparently one size does not fit all. I used different manifolds than shown here so my clearance issues were entirely different/different solution. I also offset the motor 1/2" towards the passenger side.

Last edited:
throttle cable on and fuel lines are done as of yesterday... going to try and get the harness on the car and the clutch hooked up. Getting close

Thanks man, been a while since i updated. but the car does run. Needs a tune bad...

ordered shifter and some stuff to hopefully get this thing driving.

few updates

mgw shifter came in

radiator mounted... moved it forward a good bit. I like how it turned out...

getting closer, should have a tune next week and some hoses for radiator. ready to hear it idle and run

Flashed the tune and got the drive shaft in, got to drive it off the trailer. It moves on its own power now

got the tach working, temp gauge working, and also got this beer tap ordered so i can make it my shift knob. haha something different

Still got to fix brakes, master cylinder is shot and booster is full of fluid. So got to get all that ordered and hope it will be on the road soon working all the bugs out and fine tuning it

well guess i can update this a little... car is currently apart again. Sold the motor, trans, harness, and all. decided the ls1 and 6 speed was quick enough. new stuff currently consist of...

6.0/4l80
80mm billet VS turbo
Holley terminator x max wiring.

Will get some pics soon. Anyone know a decent place to upload pics other than photobucket?

ls1 just wasnt enough... So i sold it and the t56

New motor and trans from 2006 chevy 2500

holley knock off pan from poormanmotorsports 224 bucks shipped, comes with gaskets, bolts, and everything. i even like that u can use 2 bolts on the oil pump with this!

few goodies going on the car this go around... vs racing 80mm billet turbo... plus started gathering parts for the hot side. 2.25" to 3.5" y for the merge

also got griffins 8.8 swap mounts

last i went ahead and bought the holley terminator x max kit! very very nice stuff.

Back