• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1966 amazon estate resto/severe mod

PAULDRIVER

I love standard cars, but i love more modified specials,

I dont want to offend any volvo purists as my project is quite extreme,

Ive recently aquired a 1966 amazon estate from evil bay,

My intention was to find one in a poor state for not a lot of $, as i want to use all running gear from a newer car,

I found one :)

It is totally knacked all over, some fiend s used silver roof flashing to repair rot, as well as silicone, putty, blue tac, fibre glass, riveted plates etc..... :wtf:

seams are all swelled and non existant, it is basically on life support now !

Im disecting the full volvo floor as it is BEYOND REPAIR, and using a 323i bmw floor,

I can use M3 six speed evo trans, and evo rear end,

Also ive a 960 24 valve motor lyin around that will fit nicely

Will put some pics up if anyones interested ?

Last edited:

323i BMW, Now a lot less ! :lol:

More of volvo..

A posts were rotten, a panel you can see into car as it wasnt present:oops:

A post we part repaired to put some strength back in, most of floor and bulkhead dissolving, as are floor to sill panels, but we wont be needing those as you will see :)

BMW trimmed a bit more off its sides, ready for amazon to be lowered into place

Some more....

Time to get serious with the grinder;-)

Nicely does it...

1x front end cut off

1x front end for sale, please enquire... seriously all funds re couped go back into the build :)

Not a lot of pics but its floor s been totally removed as you can see..

We put the ramp under the roof for lowering it, as there is no strength left anywhere at all now, we braced it first as we didnt want it to fold in two as it went up

We split the bmw factory floor seams, and put its rear end into position for a look and a measure.

volvo lowered onto bmw rear floor, (nice) :lol:

Side view

Arch and sill were filler/bondo so no probs as we will be replaced new, plus bwm rear arm mount is a small issue later on,

After lots of measuring, and re measuring, and one more final measure, we tacked it in its resting place :cool:

All braced up, you are going no where !

Old sill we removed, offered up to see whats happening, we will use all new panels so 100 per cent

So solid we raised it on the ramp, no issues, and we were all over t moon

Inner sills need to be ready for lowering body down, front of floor will be trimmed and put under soon,

Not far off really:cool:

More...

New sill, quick peek

Look at difference, new arch, and fillered/ bondo d, actually a replacement arch

thats all for now, it will be rolling on 4x wheels in the next day or so,

Will post pics of our progress :)

Car was badly repaired so i sold it, was well p!ssed, been on lookout for a volvo since,

No 242 s could be found, so i decided on an amazon

I want some decent power out of a six cylinder 24 valve volvo motor im about to turbo

That is one huge project. Should be nice when done. Did you see the project car where a guy put a 142 body on top of a V70 chasis and drive train?. I can't find the thread, but you may consider doing the same. Volvo on the outside and BMW on the inside.

That is one huge project. Should be nice when done. Did you see the project car where a guy put a 142 body on top of a V70 chasis and drive train?. I can't find the thread, but you may consider doing the same. Volvo on the outside and BMW on the inside.

Isn't that what he's doing here?

A few more pics, inner sills are taking shape, and we trimmed the front section of floor, ready to move into position,

Next job is to fold some metal 4" x 70" strips 90 degrees, these will be welded to its inner sills for sitting the floor into its final place,, we will try our best to make it look neat, you will see tommorrow what i mean,

Also need to order some door skins as mine are full of filler / bondo and sit proud of its sills and look turd :)

A few more pics, we put the front half of floor into position in order to line it all up square :)

Some pics of the strips i folded, these will be welded to the inner sills, the floor will sit on top of them.

Brake servo and clutch servo are in the way so must be removed.:omg:

Bonnet / hood hinges needed to be made smaller, as it just would not fit.

Like a glove i believe, cant beat my trusty tape measure, no laser guided instruments here :lol:

Nice ;-)

Now we need to start making up a front end, wings / fenders ive got are not pretty and we will struggle a bit, lots of messing about now, and head thrash :roll:

Nice fit :)

Will put some more pics up asap as we steam on.

Since you are going to be using the BMW suspension why not just put the BMW motor and tranny in. A lot less work than trying to mate the Volvo engine to another transmission.

Back