• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recommendations for hydraulic T5 TO bearing?

thelostartof

unbalanced chemical
300+ Club
So let's say that someone was tired of the clutch fork headache of a t5 and wanted to go with a hydraulic TO bearing setup. Has anyone run one or have recommendations for a good unit to run?

Thanks.

GM Input shaft (set end play see 5speeds.com)
Speedway Hydro TO bearing.

It's my understanding you need to use Ben's adapter/BH rather than the Deeworks kit to actually be able to mount the internal slave? Ben's has a flat surface to mount the slave to.

Is this true?

Jordan

It's my understanding you need to use Ben's adapter/BH rather than the Deeworks kit to actually be able to mount the internal slave? Ben's has a flat surface to mount the slave to.

Is this true?

Jordan

It depends on what you are trying to do.

most of the aftermarket are floating and use a guide pin to keep the TO bearing from rotating. Easy. This also allows for setting correct gap from PP to TO bearing by using shims.

John Parker setup

gkYfxXe.jpg

I have a McLeod one, it's odd, no guide pin, seems to rely on it's tight fit to the Input retainer to stay in place. It is expensive but it's rebuildable, seal kits and new bearing is easily available.

I like my Tilton fine. Just make sure you get the right piston for your pressure plate.

Is this true?

Jordan

I can't remember if the Deeworks replacement input shaft sleeve has the same diameter as the stock, but I assume it does. If you use a tilton, they provide a threaded sleeve that slips over the input shaft sleeve, so you don't need any flat surface to mount to.

I just installed a Yoshifab bearing to my T5 swap and can say its working great. I used a Deeworks kit that uses the factory Volvo bearing. With the Yoshi bearing I had to use about 4mm of shims under the pivot ball and the clutch feels firm without being too heavy and picks up nicely about 30mm off the floor instead of right on the floor/crunching into gear. All the 240s over here use hydro clutches so unsure what a cable one would be like!

Back