• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Wasted spark ignition module questions

Sven's245

im just about ready to start my wasted spark install on my B230ft LH 2.4 242. I'm using the H?co 13 8403 ignition module. Im stuck at on how to wire up the ignition module as for the pinout diagram location. has anyone used this module and knows what pins they used for what inputs? Also what pin for the tac input?

thanks in advanced!

hey thanks for the reply. This is good and seems straight forward. does it matter where the input and output are placed on the module? does it need to be next to the corresponding output pin?

Do you have a diagram how I would wire for the tach? witch wire is the tach wire that come out of the ignition module?

thanks again.

Hi,

You wire the HUCO the same way you would a Bosch 0227100203. Basically the same part.
Very straightforward.

http://www.tatech.fi/cms/index.php?page=kipinavahvistin

For tach I would keep the stock ignition power stage in place, and connect it to a relay coil just like how the OEM coil was connected.
Worked for me.

hey thanks for the reply. This is good and seems straight forward. does it matter where the input and output are placed on the module? does it need to be next to the corresponding output pin?

Just keep in mind that triggering input "x" activates corresponding output "x".

The two wires coming out of your EZK correspond with cylinders 1&4 or 2&3. These wires are connected to two input channels on the power stage. Which channels you choose doesn't matter. What's important is that the corresponding output channels are wired to the correct coil (firing 1&4 or 2&3).

Do you have a diagram how I would wire for the tach? witch wire is the tach wire that come out of the ignition module?

thanks again.

I will snap a pic tomorrow for clarification.
But it is: Blue wire to one end of relay coil, red and white striped wire to other end of the coil. Just like how the stock coil is wired.

[ okay great makes sense now! Thanks for that.

A photo would be great of how you wired in for the tach. I did look at my coil and I have a solid blue and white/red stripe goin to the coil. Now what do I do with those wires? Connect them together! Or add a relay in between them?

Thanks for your help!

B][/B]
Just keep in mind that triggering input "x" activates corresponding output "x".

The two wires coming out of your EZK correspond with cylinders 1&4 or 2&3. These wires are connected to two input channels on the power stage. Which channels you choose doesn't matter. What's important is that the corresponding output channels are wired to the correct coil (firing 1&4 or 2&3).

I will snap a pic tomorrow for clarification.
But it is: Blue wire to one end of relay coil, red and white striped wire to other end of the coil. Just like how the stock coil is wired.

Connect to 85 and 86.

14smy51.jpg

Back