• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

V15 Performance

WeezilUSA

Sooo I finally got my cam in, and wow!!! :eek: I had to turn the boost down from 14psi to 10 psi, and it still feels faster. The Phase 1 is such an improvement over the T cam... I can't feel any low end power lost, but the top end is sooo much better (with less boost!!!). I would highly recommend this cam to anyone with a street car... It's very nice. Once I get my timng dialed in a little more I'll get some serious numbers up here. 804 injectors should go in on friday and then boost will go back up :bat:

weeze, I've got it from a reliable source (who's actually had them tested) that 804's flow the same as the 357's. The only real benefit might just be that the ones you're putting in are newer, cleaner and probably balanced better than your old ones.

I dont mean to steal any of your thunder, or restate something that you already know.

And also with the V15, when you did your testing was the timing straight up?

If that's true and you need more fuel Weez, you might try Kenny's Ford brown top injector, N/a fpr combo. I'd email him off board for more info about it.

everywhere i've seen the 804 injector flow 337CC/min compared to the 357's 300CC/min which at 85% duty with a BSFC of .5 should see you to 225HP with the 357's coming in at 200hp on my freshly wrote calc.

i've spent a lot of time looking at flow rate as i need some new ones. i've been thinking SAAB turbo 155 009's at 346CC/min giving 230hp or T5 at 391CC/min with 260hp using the above figures

happy fueling

mike

Are NGK BPR6ES copper or platinum. I have been having trouble with the bosch platinums and want to switch back to copper.

"Is that an interference cam? "

You wouldnt believe how many times I am asked this... I get numerous inputs... all conflicting. my conclusion?

Change your timing belt every XX,XXX miles.

I am tired of trying to figure it out, my conclusion is to FORGET ABOUT IT! Almost every new car is interference... so just dont worry, be happy. be smart.

oh yea, Kudos to Weezil... first tbricker to make it in Sport Compact Car

AND first turbo in my group buy to install his cam.

I hope it works good for you! keep up the good work. Keep us updated!

I've got a few miles on the new cam install and have seen an increase in hp. The car is an 87 245 na. First I ran some tiimed runs ( stopwatch) with the stock setup. Auto trans, fresh tune, new o2 and converter. Out in the county I ran her from 0 to 60, 30 to 70, 55 t0 80 and other speeds that I use in passing situations. Then I ran it with the v15 cam, same speeds, etc. My results are not very accurate but, the car was quicker buy 1 or 2 sec on upper speeds. I've swaped the trans to the m46. Now the old brick really pulls. I still need to time it with the manual but, I want to make sure that everthing is well broken in. After rebuilding the trans and od I don't want to take any chances.
BTW, the cam install was a breeze. With the new belt and seals she should be good for another 50 to 60 k. But, I may change the t-belt sooner. I've seen the posts that were discussing whether the cam made for an interference motor. That is a non issue as far as I am concerned, because when I start modifying somthing the rules have changed. I am responsable for the "new maintainance standards" that I have created. I will treat it as an interference engine. I purchased the cam through a group buy. It worked out well for me and would do another if the buy fit my need.

Great Post Ed!

Keep up the good work! Document it all! Gosh I cant wait to get mine in! (due to circumstances, both financial and timely, my V15 NA has yet to come in... dammit)

Well, the second group buy is now full, pending payment of the last cam (got email, will reply to it tonight if you're reading this Mike) I will be ordering it tomorrow. I am very pleased that I was able to fill up a second group buy of 6 cams without "avertising" it barely, that word of mouth spread...

:?
Yesterday was not very pleasant due to yet another ugly post by the bipolar-man :x (some of you know what I'm talking bout, some dont, dont worry about it), but :oops: my day had improved dramatically with the reassurance and back up by many of my online friends. I want to thank you all, especially roguls, weezil, obe, robin and many more... made my day.

FYI: Ignore the bipolar. :bs:
:whip: That just makes him madder. :whip:

Also, I am working steadily on composing something of a publication, an article about my experiences working with Enem and, pending completion of the last paragraph (always the hardest one! :x ) and approval by Jan C, I will put it up for everyone to read. I think that it would be informative and a nice read. (I am a staff writer for my university paper, my standards for publication is rather high... I might even give it to my editor for final editing! LOL )

Again, thank you all for your support and patience. I think you're the best!

hI haven't read anything about CA emitions tests? anyone planning to get a smog in the near furure with the v15? has anyone had trouble passing?

BTW I totally agree about using a cat. Some people have read the tree huggin hippy essays ive posted when ever someone talks about gutting or removing a cat. I think the performance aspects are not worth it.

bit early for that for most of us...

but I'm sure one of us will have a printout that you could analyse...

its supposed to be a good emission cam... better than the K (CDN, not good enough emisssions...) but dunno how it compares to the M or the T...

My thinking is this:

you can get any volvo car to pass...

IF

-you dont have too wild a cam (the V15 shouldnt be)
-no oil leaks to dirty emissions up too much
-good and functional cat (they're cheap as dirt... ie. cat-co from summit...)
-lean mixture (there are a few tricks to make the EFI think its running rich... I'm not technical enough about that... K-jet is easy)
-maybe add those thingys that make the emission test a little easier to pass... sell those at autozone... if not sold in CA, I'd be glad to mail you one
-run the car for at least a half hour before pulling in for testing...

perhaps you could grease the grease monkey...

LOL

Its entirely possible. Either that (if you can) just swap cams every time you need to do a test ;)

BTW
"grease the grease monkey"

is impossible in my area of my state... its all machine done.

its done all the time and never by me, I would never reccomend it because its not cool. I remember a off duty cop (saw his badge when he was paying for service) who had a camaro that was gutted cat... lol (this is before they started the new standards in my area... which I'm immune to cuz i'm 25+ years old lol... great advantage there!

I really dont like the idea of a gutted cat... just put a cat-co cat, they're cheap and flow alright. If you want a race car, build one and keep it off the street or get it lisenced in a state/county that isnt so bitchy...

emission's part of life, deal with it. if you dont like it, dont gripe about the emission laws, gripe about the free rein the industries get and the spewing "light truck" standards... its fucking sad.

lol

they had a really primitive emission test...
some kind of wand
it was on the hairy edge, but over
i asked him if he was burning oil
no... "just gutted. standard procedure"

I asked how he got out of it ... "talked to the guy ;) "

i was like... oh my...

Back