• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

Well if im not busy on saturday i might be down to meet at ikea...cant go wrong with 50 cent hot dogs (or wait, are they 75 cents now?) tomorrow night might be better though, where do all the beemers meet?

I've also spotted B-rod, saw him pulling out of the Canadian
Tire the other day in his (also very nice) wagon. He was totally
rubbernecking my silver 242. I saw his 240 in his driveway the
other day, he is about the same distance from me as I am from
Gab. He and Gab are about the same distance from each other.
It's a tri-cities Volvo triangle.

Lol serious? Where/when was this? It's not ringing any bells. I DID see a nice silver 242 in Yaletown on Monday night though. You?

I'm down for more meets this year too, no more school (whoop!) so weekends are free and clear. I'm also going to try to make IPD this year, others should as well :lol:

Well if im not busy on saturday i might be down to meet at ikea...cant go wrong with 50 cent hot dogs (or wait, are they 75 cents now?) tomorrow night might be better though, where do all the beemers meet?

It moves around. Over the winter it has been at Oakridge most often. Through the summer it is most often at Ironwood in Richmond. Tonight it's going to be Southpoint in White Rock. People show between 8-9, usually closer to 9.

If people are serious about getting together I can open up my shop to people. 2500 sqft and set up to do most things, including upholstery, fiberglass, welding, wrenching...whatever. I could even lend use of my hoist if someone has a job that's just too hard to do in the dirt.

I could even bring a BBQ.

If people are serious about getting together I can open up my shop to people. 2500 sqft and set up to do most things, including upholstery, fiberglass, welding, wrenching...whatever. I could even lend use of my hoist if someone has a job that's just too hard to do in the dirt.

Sir, we may have to talk. :) PM you when I get home.

Lol serious? Where/when was this? It's not ringing any bells. I DID see a nice silver 242 in Yaletown on Monday night though. You?

I'm down for more meets this year too, no more school (whoop!) so weekends are free and clear. I'm also going to try to make IPD this year, others should as well :lol:

No, not in Yaletown on Monday. Car is out of town ATM.

This was at least six weeks ago (probably a little more), as the
242 has been in Thunder Bay that long, and I was definintely in
the 242 when I spotted you pulling out of the Canadian Tire on
Marmont. I saw you looking.

My daily is a green '79 245. Quad rounds, Pretty distinctive.

Dina and I were taking a bunch of crap to the transfer station in
the two wagons last fall (got to love showing up at the transfer
station in matching 245s) and passed the guy that has the nice
red 122 coupe. I've seen that car a few times, but this was the
first time I've seen it driving. That guy was rubbernecking the
'75 and '79 245s harsh. I'd love to catch him with his 122. Gotta
get to Cates.

I saw your 240 languishing in the driveway on Schoolhouse today
on my way to Barry Hamel.

I'm in for this. Have propane. Cow supply is wearing thin, but
could bring some beef.

I need a little lead time, however.

I can host a barbeque sometime in the summer, provided we set a
date soon. I'm all for the 2500 sqft shop though.

I've tried to get Volvo guys out to some meets on Thursday nights. A local BMW forum has their meets that night and I can't manage two meets a week, so I figured party-crashing Volvos would be the next best thing. The success rate has been pretty low, aside from Kardboard.

The BMW folks put on skills days and do autocross from time to
time. It's out at the Pitt Meadows airport.

Dina and I went out to their "Winter skills driving course" this
fall. She took her 242 GLT and I took her camera.

For ~$200, she learned a whole lot and had a real good time. I
was a little jealous, but I learned to winter drive in a scrapyard
setting, and did not have a trip to Northern Ontario in the cards
for this winter.

Weeks later, she was driving on the #1 from Revelstoke to Golden,
just after the highway was re-opened, in appalling weather, and
her $200 suddenly paid for itself (not to mention the snows...).

I think the course has paid for itself once or twice more, in Northern
Ontario in the winter. Good snow tires help also. Hakkeppeliitas
FTW. (G80 also).

In fact, I have a feeling that the car survived based on that
course. Totally worth it.

I'd love to take the wagon out for some of the "Dancing with
cones" events coming up. I feel I should finish bracing up the
front end of the 245 first, on the other hand, I'm not sure that
it matters all that much (gotta do it regardless).

Need to brace up the 240s to justify the new welder anyway...

My parents live in abbotsford so maybe next time im out that way ill check it out...I think the ralphs or empire near the border might have some volvos too

I'd love to take the wagon out for some of the "Dancing with
cones" events coming up. I feel I should finish bracing up the
front end of the 245 first, on the other hand, I'm not sure that
it matters all that much (gotta do it regardless).

Need to brace up the 240s to justify the new welder anyway...

I just did this in the 244 at the end of Jan in the pouring rain. Good times, and the group was surprisingly into the brick.

Spotted: Black 744, debadged, ecodes, and rear license plate reflective blend panel (? I forgot the name of those things) driving down Cordova st in Vancouver. Anyone on here?

Do any of you guys live in or near surrey?!

I went to ralphs auto wreckers today on scott road and got a wagon dog gate, I f@#king forgot one bracket in the car i think. I dont really want to drive all the way out there for one damn piece, if one of you is planning on going there soon and could grab it that would be amazing. Its in a dark grey (I think) 740 wagon right beside the gravel road that goes through there and it looks like this:

Photo0152.jpg

In better news I also snagged some lighted window switches, and some nearly brand new headlights as well as some saab side markers that i might try and put on. Does any have any pics of saab markers on a volvo?

Back