• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

I think I am out for Skywein tomorrow.

On another note...AJ when is the magical guesstimate date for the little love bundle?

I finally should be able to make it.

Plus, because I am silly, and couldn't get the idea out of my head, I made a Skywein patch from A Nasa Skylab one.

Last edited:
Also, spotted Jesse northbound on 176 yesterday (I was in the shop Suburban lol). First time seeing the new wheels in person. Looking good!

Thank you! Although apparently I'm an amnesiac and can't recall driving on 176 even though that's totally a thing that could have happened. :omg:

So. What are folks thoughts on next Saturday the 16th for a cruise and Skywein?

Unfortunately I have prior plans for the 16th. Great, now I'm that guy.

Lol I love Skylab. Also, I thought that it read "Make America great again" underneath.

#MakeSausagesGreatAgain

(might be picking up a blue 245 that day...might swing by if Skywein is at Jason's!)

AJ I was really hoping to have you come by before the flurry of activity coming your way. If you can't no worries.

I am happy to roast Skywein...I mean host Skywein

This Saturday is opening up now. Family stuff had to be postponed, so Volvo fam is in? lol

Also, putting a feeler out...anyone interested in a 1982 Volvo 242 GLT with some mods? I'm trading project cars.

I'm for the early option... lunchwein and then quietly tiptoe downstairs and look under various hoods and laugh, then wait for BCAA to tow various cars back home (the "drive" portion).

:-P

M.

Hi,

I don't post on here often, but I'm looking for a set of 14" or 15" alloy wheels or steelies for my 91 240 - must be straight and true. I'm in White Rock. Please PM if anyone here has anything.

Thanks,
Chris

Due to kids napping schedule which would work better after 1130am or after 4pm? Skywein is self aware....

Conflict for this one too - summer is busy. At least I'll be able to organize a resistance if SkyWein becomes self-aware.

I remember when we had to treat my sleeping kid like an unexploded bomb during napping. Then he switched over to being able to sleep through blasting music and a house full of loud adults.

How does one resist the Skywein?

Bruce, would you form the Vancouver Skywein resistance battle group?

He is pretty good at napping for the most part. The biggest issue is the house set up. The stairs to the deck is right beside his door and he is so very curious:-) plus all the foot traffic on the deck.

How does one resist the Skywein?

Bruce, would you form the Vancouver Skywein resistance battle group?

Seems like the natural opposition to Skywein would be some sort of subterranean base serving non-sausage items. Since I have a basement with cooking facilities I'm half-way there already, but it's always going to be tough going up against Skywein.

Back