• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

I'd love an old 164. Not now though.

Speaking of stuff I don't need now, I have a 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust for a NA 240 taking up space here.

It has a stock 2->1 section modified at the collector for 2.5" pipe,
one 18" cherry bomb type glass pack in the cat/resonator place,
one 14"x6" round Magnaflow glass pack in the rear position.

It's over-axle, and mounts to the stock points.

Split into four parts with three-bolt flanges, easy to install/remove at jackstand height.

It's louder than stock, but not too bad.

The middle section is essentially a straight pipe, so it hangs a little low under the middle of the car. It could be tucked a little better with some welding, but it works fine at stock ride height.

It's been used for a few seasons, on several cars, but typically got a fresh coat of VHT paint once a year. It does have some surface rust, but is solid.

It has an O2 bung after the collector, but you would have to grind off the nickel I welded over it.

How most of it looked some years ago:
2.5_inch_front_view.jpg

Posted here as I really only want to deal with someone local on this.

I'd love an old 164. Not now though.

Speaking of stuff I don't need now, I have a 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust for a NA 240 taking up space here.

It has a stock 2->1 section modified at the collector for 2.5" pipe,
one 18" cherry bomb type glass pack in the cat/resonator place,
one 14"x6" round Magnaflow glass pack in the rear position.

It's over-axle, and mounts to the stock points.

Split into four parts with three-bolt flanges, easy to install/remove at jackstand height.

It's louder than stock, but not too bad.

The middle section is essentially a straight pipe, so it hangs a little low under the middle of the car. It could be tucked a little better with some welding, but it works fine at stock ride height.

It's been used for a few seasons, on several cars, but typically got a fresh coat of VHT paint once a year. It does have some surface rust, but is solid.

It has an O2 bung after the collector, but you would have to grind off the nickel I welded over it.

How most of it looked some years ago:
2.5_inch_front_view.jpg

Posted here as I really only want to deal with someone local on this.

I may be interested. My exhaust is starting to rust apart at the joints.

How much choo askin?

Volvo 142

Hey guys, while in my search for an engine for The Beast, I have come across this:

'72 142, with D-Jet. Apparently the engine will fire, but needs a new fuel pump to get pressure. Rear lines are dodgy. (would prob need full brakes after sitting anyways). Other than that and pictured rust, it's apparently stock. Comes with a set of Virgos in the trunk.

The owner was looking at importing it to the US but doesn't want the hassle anymore. I was thinking of buying it for the engine, but it's located in Trail, BC. Having no truck and trailer at my disposal, I prob will have to pass.

He is currently asking $1250 obo.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/129320984@N06/8V1n10

https://www.flickr.com/gp/129320984@N06/94Z1S9

https://www.flickr.com/gp/129320984@N06/922135

If anyone is interested, let me know and i`ll pass on info to you.or if for some reason you want the shell, and I can keep the engine, let me know, and we can work out something??

The car does have to be moved before end of month however :omg:

Cheers

That'd be a '74. K-Jet B20F. So, 8-bolt flywheel, weaker rods than what's in a '69-'73 B20, etc. Kind of odd seeing a 142 or 144GL in that orange, tho.

'72 would look like your 144, but flush door handles and the vertical bar grille as well as the later wheel arches in the front that come up higher. I think there's someone on the Seattle CL with a '72 142E that he pulled the B20 out of. A member here, if I remember correctly. Said that the B20F ran well, but that he wanted to convert to a B230.

-J

The temptation to put that offensive Houndstooth in my car...

Edit 1: Well, I mean my front seats are coming apart... I wonder if it's heated?

Edit 2: Yup, they're heated... but the upholstery must be falling apart right?

Edit 3: The driver's seat looks like it has the wrong buttpad, and also that it's gotten borked on the right side. I didn't even want them anyways! :cameron:

Who's in Edmonton? Just spotted an 86-90ish white 245. Nice rims, BC plates, looked like E-code front end with headlamp covers. Car looked really clean- small non turbo exhaust unfortunately.

Guy was from kelowna. Is on the okanagan Volvo Club Facebook group.

Today the CLEANEST 240 came into the shop. Guy bought it from Richmond area. Guy who owned it was obviously anal- under the hood was waxed. I should have snapped a picture. It's going to go sit in a garage in fort Mac now.

Jordan

Back