• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

HUB's 1968 122s Wagon Project

Good evening everyone,

Appreciate the information about the rims.

Well I think I'll need to get another gasket for the exhaust and intake. I have not been happy with the quality of IPDs header and manifold. Constantly modifying it.

Found the source of my rattle. The shifter is hitting the tunnel due to vibration of the engine. Moved the trans a little and that stopped it. However, going to switch to a poly mount.

Installed the powder coated trim around the windscreen.
LZuArOkl.jpg

Well I got the car to idle. Still getting her dialed in, but getting much closer.
https://youtu.be/0Ldi2vmfArg

Thanks,

Last edited:
Evening Everyone,

Well I put a new gasket on for the exhaust/ intake. The new one (came with the header) was .5 mm thicker. Seemed to have done the trick.

Fixed the front seal on steering box. It's was leaking pretty bad.

Well while the car was idling, I tried to put it in gear and move a little. Guess what? Won't go into gear or at least not all the way. Once I think I have it gear and slowly release off the clutch, I hear a grinding noise. So happy I get to take this trans out ��

Thanks,

Last edited:
Yep. That's what everyone suggested on our Facebook group page. I have my work cut out for me this week. Will keep everyone posted. Many believe the slave too small for the car.

Thanks,

Good Morning Everyone,

Well I put in the new MC and -4 AN (1/4") line. Went to bleed the system and the slave failed. May end up adding spacers to the pivot ball, but will see how the new slave works (the one in the car was bought used). Stock MC for the M46 was 19mm bore and the one I put in was 3/4".
05hJgtQl.jpg

ko6o9iUl.jpg

I'll try putting it in the weekend and also ordered a solid trans mount. The one I was using before has the trans moving all over the place at idle. Will be heading south today to pickup a 530 head that's been ported and has a 3 angle valve job. Picked up an RSI Stage 1 cam for it a few weeks ago.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Well the new slave has the same issue. I was able to watch it today and it's over extending. The "fun" continues.

Using a F&S pressure plate (original) and a sachs TOB (3549391).

Thanks,

Last edited:
Good Evening Everyone,

Well I rigged up a temporary setup for the slave. The pedal is EXTREMELY firm/ hard to press down. So I'll have to go back at some point soon and fix that somehow.

The trans kept vibrating really bad due to the POS mount from AutoZone. Got a poly mount (on the left), but it kept hitting the cross member. So I ordered a solid mount (on the right) and that fixed the problem.
gagkRcsl.jpg

Well I put the car back on the ground and it finally moved under its own power. Still need to tune it, work out a few bugs, get the exhaust welded up, etc. Brakes work, but I think I'll make another pass at bleeding them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v/NkmyJvIS_qo

Thanks,

Last edited:
Forgot to mention... Picked up a head last weekend for the other motor. Head has some port work and a 3 angle valve job. Should go well with the RSI Stage 1 cam.
2cYMTeAl.jpg

eKJR0oel.jpg

Snt6uiLl.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
lol, I love how instead of burnouts, you just gently pull it back into the garage.

I would have totally went out and left a patch in the driveway, or in the neighbors driveway. My neighbor always used to win with linelock and nice 30-40 foot 11's down the block.

lol, I love how instead of burnouts, you just gently pull it back into the garage.

I would have totally went out and left a patch in the driveway, or in the neighbors driveway. My neighbor always used to win with linelock and nice 30-40 foot 11's down the block.

I don't think that's going to happen with a un-tuned tractor motor. Lol.

Back