• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mannes Volvo 245 -77

GMS: Tack!

Leon_pp: Correct! Yes, they're really good. Have one in the green 242 as well!

adomz: I'm acctually a bit excited as well :cool:

Rented a hot water powerwash today!
Looks like fun, don't it? :oogle:
2z99rop.jpg

140 degrees celcius cleaned most of the body!
Going to be much nicer to work with!

Hot water through a power washer will remove the underbody?

Yes!

It's a special powerwasher with a diesel heater that heats up the water. This one reached 140 deg celcius maximum. It's basicly steam that comes out.

I have used no chemicals or brushes or other tools to clean with, just used the washer.
It takes down everything down to the paint.

Took me about 3 hours.

Yes!

It's a special powerwasher with a diesel heater that heats up the water. This one reached 140 deg celcius maximum. It's basicly steam that comes out.

I have used no chemicals or brushes or other tools to clean with, just used the washer.
It takes down everything down to the paint.

Took me about 3 hours.

Thats pretty awesome. Undercoating removal is my least favorite part of 240 body work. I didn't realize a hot pressure washer would do that. I can rent those heated pressure washers for 100 dollars per day. that would beat hours with gasoline soaked rags lol.

Have you thought about using something like this?

http://www.autogeek.net/w890971.html

or because its track only car... you dont need to worry about rust?

Exactly, paint will be enough protection.
Feels so good to get rid of the sticky mess that collects mudd, sand and dust!

I have now ordered some parts from Kaplhenke!

Spherical bearings for the rear axle, adjustable torquerods, adjustable panhardbar, adjustable strutmounts with luxe steer!

o88ax0.jpg

Can't wait for them to arrive!

Have you thought about using something like this?

http://www.autogeek.net/w890971.html

or because its track only car... you dont need to worry about rust?

I don't like anything of this ****. I use only paint, even on road cars, daiy drivers.
Chassis paint for trucks or agricultur machines is the best. A little of wax on critical parts, thats it. No probs till now. checking the underbody two times a year and a liitle repair with a brush.
You can't add a stone gard in the same quality as the factory, even with w?rth, one of the best.

Regards, Kay

Back