• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mannes Volvo 245 -77

If you need some inspiration, I made these recently. I'll be using the e36 oil pan. I nodged the subframe a bit for extra clearance, although it it not necessesarily needed.

http://i62.tinypic.com/1ze8847.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/nlva79.jpg

Nice! I'll be using e36 oilpan as well.
But I'm going to connect to where the enginemounts are originaly. I'm going to sell bolton kits later s? I want to keep it simple :)

I got the glassfibre front yesterday!

zu0eif.jpg

Driftcab from Londinum :D Yeah.. i don't like the look of that frontend also.. but theres one orange one from germany which looks awesome.. i think when this thing gets slammed it'll look 50 shades better than your beigepower neverending construction site ;)

Driftcab from Londinum :D Yeah.. i don't like the look of that frontend also.. but theres one orange one from germany which looks awesome.. i think when this thing gets slammed it'll look 50 shades better than your beigepower neverending construction site ;)

I think the stance it has now is perfect.

That front end is so silly.

No it's not! It will look awesome :cool:

Yeah the rideheight, wide frontend, a bit of camber and some sort of lip will do the trick. At least I hope so :-P

may i ask where you did get that front?
http://rpglasfiber.com

I think this is shaping up very nicely.

Thanks! :)

Interesting. That will make swapping a b21/23 for a great m50/52 almost as easy as for a b230whatever. Should be some market for.

Exactly!
I love these engines :)

I will use a m50b25 bottom because they're cast iron.
M52 is aluminium. But the crankshaft is from a m52b28.
And I will use H-profile rods and non vanos pistons.

I am making some progress in the garage.

Engine (dummy) is in!
I'll take better pics of this later when the mounts are finished.

4ifsjp.jpg

And I'm testing the Bc coils and e46 spindles.
Did an adapter so I can fix the spindles to this position when fitting the control arms, since I have to make the rear fitting to the chassi myself.

2gtngqx.jpg

And tried a 240 fender on, a bit pushed to the front as seen.

2rh6151.jpg

2prcp4z.jpg

Since my trailing arms will be a bit special I got a set that wasn't welded. Here's some pics from when I put them together.

505pi0.jpg

f054yt.jpg

As mentioned before, these are for Volvo 740. And on 740 the bolt from the balljoint on the bottom of the strut is pointing down. E46 and 240 is the other way around.
But Txr has built Super Seven cars before and had an adaptor for opel balljoints that looks simular to the one from 240. So I had to fit these together with the control arms.

xe0m69.jpg

Both done with spherical bearings and balljoints.

2m4x8ci.jpg

And I found another set of Borbet's
Good thing about this set is that all are rears, so they're 10"
That means I have 6 10" wheels now. That should be enough for a while :)

ea61r8.jpg

I had to rebuild the connection between the body and The rear point of the control arms a bit to make it work.

15hmn8y.jpg

Back on the car again.

2cp3u6a.jpg

This is what it looks like with the e46 spindle, steering adaptors from T-parts.
28jfqti.jpg

Back on the floor again.
Borrowed a friend wheels with the same measures as mine, but with the correct tires. Will be running 215/40.

The angle of the control arms turned out pretty good!

2mye1af.jpg

The adjustable strutmounts from Kaplhenke is on its place, but I have to do some machining to make it match to the BC coils. I'll get back to that when it's done!

Now you all have a happy new year!

Jompa bought that wagon now, didn't he? doing turbo LS in it.

Nice job on the control arms. seriously cool!

Jompa bought that wagon now, didn't he? doing turbo LS in it.

Nice job on the control arms. seriously cool!

I dont know who Jompa is but he didn't buy my wagon, that's for sure! I'm keeping this one for a while!
Thanks! I hope it works out on track!

Back