• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What Are Your Go-To Junkyard Snags?

Most of the 200 series that show up at the yards these days are roached out...every once in a while a decent one will show up, harvest various trim parts, electrical parts, clusters, fairly new replacement parts (if good quality...like Bosch), 1993 A/C parts, rare accessory parts...gotta hit them up the day they hit the yard or soon after. Check the trunk/cargo area too. Found two brand new OE Volvo 240 motor mounts, still in the box in the trunk of a discarded 200.

Always check the cars beside the car you are looking at. People will take off stuff they don't need to get to the part they do need. The stuff they take off and don't want? In the car next door. Under the dead hooker.

good stuff, like a bunch of IPD sway bars

IPD_Bars_Lots_o_Them.jpg

and other things

Audi_B5_KW_Coilovers_01.jpg

SAAB_900_Shadow_Louvers_01.jpg

Audi_B5_S4_Exhaust_Milltek_01.jpg

Audi_B5_S4_Downpipes_01.jpg

Audi_S4_B5_Clutch_Kit_04.jpg

Audi_B6_B7_Koni_Nuespeed_01.jpg

Audi_RS4_Intercoolers_01.jpg

Mercedes_W108_Grille_01.jpg

Mercedes_W123_Headlights_01.jpg

Mercedes_White_Hub_Cap_01.jpg

Audi_B5_Bilstein_Vogtland_01.jpg

Audi_B5_Koni_Coilovers_01.jpg

Couple small easy things that haven't been mentioned:
Always check for factory waffle mats, easy sale, doesn't get easier to remove. 240 mats are pretty expensive these days, and 7/9 still get good $
I always take as many nice factory hose clamps as possible, as well as nuts, bolts, plastic fasteners
Always pay attention to whats around you. I was at a pick n pull with flat rate prices, alloy wheels are $80 for a set of 4. A Porsche 944 with Fuchs rims was there, so I grabbed them and easily resold them for $600.

haha true on both-

My pick and pull called me floor mat man. Early 2000's Id pull any nice carpet or rubber volvo mats. I stockpiled until I had stacks, I think I had 75-80 at one point, Id buy all that came in and weren't torn up. Was paying $1 each (or less) and selling them for 80-120 set depending on condition.

nice to get spare relays for free.

Scored a set of 17" fat lip Racing dyamics wheels for $80 off an old 5 series and sold them for $1000 From the same car
Got Mtech rear spoiler for $25 and sold it for like $500
and Mtech wheel also sold for a couple hundred. That was a great day

Also got a Saab 900 turbo Carlson kit and the extended whaletail spoiler, think I got about $1200 for that all together

But I always walk the euro/import section and just see whats there, and rarer models look for cool parts that dont come on the base cars, quick ebay search to see what its worth and boom.

Used to check for aftermarket speakers also. Oem corner and tail lights if they are recent replacements, but honestly pnp prices dont leave as much room as they used to

You never know what you can find. Some days, I'm not even looking for anything specific. Today I picked up a rebuilt turbo, Porsche vdo oil pressure gauge and clock, magnaflow muffer(random mustang).

47437608491_71b0b69897_z.jpg

98-2000 era Toyota sienna mini van electric fans fit the 240 rad really well, are 3 speed and move a lot of air. One of mine is in the third car since I pulled it.
Charcoal canisters from ford trucks (9th-10th gen??.?). They are way nicer packaging wise than the volvo ones. They fit anywhere.
ANY good 5 panel tail lights.
240 trunk poppers
Factory roof racks. Found an early 240 one with volvo cast in the legs on a camry in an import yard once.
One day I'm going to find a set of 240 single round headlight wipers, I just know it.....One day......

Back