• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Guidelines For Project Threads ** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING NEW THREADS**

oo4playmrright said:
ok, i agree with most of this. my questions are:
-is there a limit to how much we can edit or how long a post can be? because if we just keep editing the initial post it WILL get long with pics. and should we edit the original post and just bump the thread with "new pics added" or post on the current page?

Should be able to do it either way. AFAIK turbobricks doesn't have a picture/post limit.

-there needs to be a time limit on these. not, "hey, i bought a 198_ 740 turbo, one day it will be 350hp, today i vacuumed it out and washed it." i think it needs to be at least like, "here is my car*insert pic*, here are the parts i ordered that just arrived *insert pic*, this weekend i'm installing said parts *post pics of the weekend session*." and IMO most cars in projects and restoration need to not be daily drivers, they need to be off the road getting MAJOR work done to them.

Yes and no. I agree, they need to have some serious work being done to them. But a thread that has a years worth the weekend projects thats fine with me too. I know not everyone is going to be able to take on projects like Robs car, mine, Johns' ect. Its good to show some diveristy. Its gotta have something going on though.

-maybe seperate it into similar body styles, a pre 240 section, a 240 section, a 700/900 section, a fwd section

I started a list that does just that. Tottaly agree.

one ofthe better threads on here. will post my project as soon as i figure out how i'm going to fund it...lol!
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.photosnag.com/pages/4210/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.photosnag.com/pages/4210/info.html"* type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

It would be great , both for the original poster, and for the admin, to allow the op to have full edit capabilities. In other words if "Johnny " posts up on your "showroom" build thread some snarky half wit comments about how "you may be a child killer ,you collect eyeballs and put them in bags and punch baby rabbits in the face because you use die grinders on pistons" (when clearly the way people wrench on here has nothing to do with personality or character for that matter).
All the more reason, for the op to delete comments on a thread they worked a little to compile, edit and post- just to hear some tard make a stupid comment that takes the whole thread down hill.
To be able to do this ,without getting the mods involved, would be a giant step for Volbros everywhere. And would allow Moderators to focus on more important issues , instead of babysitting every troll on here.
Who really wants to rely on the mods with their own Clique to selectively enforce as they choose, which is a huge problem here and everywhere else. No one.
This would pretty much kill some moderators attitudes of "I'm gonna remove your reply to Johnny's build thread -because your reply was childish and garbage, and you shouldn't have posted this trash in Johnny's build thread. I am gonna ignore the comment that Johnny made on your build thread that started the **** storm in which you defended yourself- because in my moderator eyes- Johnny parts his hair to the side and looks cooler and sounds cooler in black in white text- when he punches grand mas in walkers, and when we hang out at shenanigans together, and he slides me a free fuel pump relay under the table.
Are we not above this by now? Or are the **** storms what everyone comes here for? **** storm turbobricks?

Stop collaborate and listen? Or stop hammer time?

This would also allow double V and Medford to do what they had mentioned above in this thread, and allow us as Op to IGNORE the negativity by simply removing it, instead of responding to it. Or having to ignore it. This will cut down on the troll banter and bring more folks into the forum to show off their threads. Leaving the mods to only deal with habitual offenders that keep posting the same things on people thread and op erasing them-then reporting them after they keep trying to post the same things over and over(which will inevitably happen).No one wants to show off a build thread with 5 different people making rude comments within them, that they can't seem to do a darn thing about.

Who really wants to rely on the mods with their own Clique to selectively enforce as they choose, which is a huge problem here and everywhere else. No one.

I, for one, enjoy selective enforcement.

It would be great , both for the original poster, and for the admin, to allow the op to have full edit capabilities. In other words if "Johnny " posts up on your "showroom" build thread some snarky half wit comments about how "you may be a child killer ,you collect eyeballs and put them in bags and punch baby rabbits in the face because you use die grinders on pistons" (when clearly the way people wrench on here has nothing to do with personality or character for that matter).
All the more reason, for the op to delete comments on a thread they worked a little to compile, edit and post- just to hear some tard make a stupid comment that takes the whole thread down hill.
To be able to do this ,without getting the mods involved, would be a giant step for Volbros everywhere. And would allow Moderators to focus on more important issues , instead of babysitting every troll on here.
This would pretty much kill some moderators attitudes of "I'm gonna remove your reply to Johnny's build thread -because your reply was childish and garbage, and you shouldn't have posted this trash in Johnny's build thread. I am gonna ignore the comment that Johnny made on your build thread that started the **** storm in which you defended yourself- because in my moderator eyes- Johnny parts his hair to the side and looks cooler and sounds cooler in black in white text- when he punches grand mas in walkers, and when we hang out at shenanigans together, and he slides me a free fuel pump relay under the table.
Are we not above this by now? Or are the **** storms what everyone comes here for? **** storm turbobricks?

:lol:

Return to chaos and mayhem?

How soon you forget!

Back