• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuel/Spark tuning for LH 2.4/EZK with TunerPro!

Ok I have crashed TunerPro like 37 times now trying to enter conversion formulas... I'm beginning to see what ipdown meant :lol:

hahaha. i'm still waiting on my buddy to call back so I can grab the ostrich, otherwise it'll probably have to wait til weds when we're dyno tuning another car.

probably just as well, I don't have a wideband for the 940 yet. thinking about getting one of those 14point7 oem type units.

hahaha. i'm still waiting on my buddy to call back so I can grab the ostrich, otherwise it'll probably have to wait til weds when we're dyno tuning another car.

probably just as well, I don't have a wideband for the 940 yet. thinking about getting one of those 14point7 oem type units.

That's exactly what I wish I'd bought because you get WB02+datalogging. An excellent deal for the price IMO...

But my LC1 hasn't crapped the bed.... yet... Maybe I will have better luck than MrBill, I'll try and keep mine off the turbine housing :lol:

if you changed all the data on a NA box to the same data on the turbo box, would that make it a turbo computer(not officially but run identically).

Yup. As far as I know they are completely the same from a hardware standpoint.

So with the Ostrich loaded and running via laptop you can then shutdown remove the laptop and restart and drive the car? The Ostrich thus retaining the maps etc thus becoming the newly programmed ECU?

So with the Ostrich loaded and running via laptop you can then shutdown remove the laptop and restart and drive the car? The Ostrich thus retaining the maps etc thus becoming the newly programmed ECU's chip?
Fixed. But I think yes. Mine has been shipped, can't wait!

I need some clarification, if I take that 935NA bin and modify it to my liking, can I use it in my 951 ECU? I'm thinking I can, but maybe not... I can't remember for sure now if I was able to take the 935 XDF file and open up my 951 bin through TunerPro. I need to get that other computer up and rolling, but it's not mine so I can only sometimes use it.

So with the Ostrich loaded and running via laptop you can then shutdown remove the laptop and restart and drive the car? The Ostrich thus retaining the maps etc thus becoming the newly programmed ECU?

Absolutely. Like ipdown said, he has been running his in his car for 2 months that way!

And the Ostrich isn't an ECU ;-)

Posted an new XDF, forcing myself to go to bed before I start having nightmares about Robert Bosch chasing me with a TI-92 or something, I hate maths.

shark tuner isn't vastly different from TP. I played with one a couple years ago on a supercharged 928. I wouldn't worry as much about setting a low RPM limit per-se, I would just suggest that one should make small changes unless you're scaling an entire map (for say... e85 or bigger injectors or whatever)

Kenny, can you get hands on SharkTuner executable files? There is some nice things to squeeze from it. I now it relies on the accompanying hardware, but still most parts are left to the software side. If I had it after few nights with IdaPRO more nice things will be revealed.

Another note about main fuel map values - there is conversion too: X-128
Then valid range for a cell becomes [-128 : 127], where 0 is zero correction, all values greater than zero adds fuel, negative subtracts fuel from the calculated value, shown here.

In other words if left as is, (unsigned) 128 would mean that after doing the calculation for the given load and rpm, the calculated value is used as is without correcting it (zero correction). Changing a cell by 1 changes fueling by about 0.2%
Sorry for the crappy explanation, but I hope you get the point.
P.S. For the "C/C++" people the values in the main fuel map cells are of type "char".

Kenny, can you get hands on SharkTuner executable files? There is some nice things to squeeze from it. I now it relies on the accompanying hardware, but still most parts are left to the software side. If I had it after few nights with IdaPRO more nice things will be revealed.

I'll see what I can do, I can't promise anything.

Another note about main fuel map values - there is conversion too: X-128
Then valid range for a cell becomes [-128 : 127], where 0 is zero correction, all values greater than zero adds fuel, negative subtracts fuel from the calculated value, shown here.

In other words if left as is, (unsigned) 128 would mean that after doing the calculation for the given load and rpm, the calculated value is used as is without correcting it (zero correction). Changing a cell by 1 changes fueling by about 0.2%
Sorry for the crappy explanation, but I hope you get the point.
P.S. For the "C/C++" people the values in the main fuel map cells are of type "char".

I was reading the Sharktuner manual and was wondering if it worked the same way. Does anyone think it would be useful to present the fuel table as percentage figures instead of raw integers? i.e. +100% to -100? Should be a simple change.

Question... Lamda correction, if we turn it off, adjust everything to where we want it(I will still want it to be near stoich for most driving, just not the fun and aggressive stuff), then turn it back on, it's going to want to adjust stuff further, won't it? Is there a map somewhere that gives us control over what it thinks it wants to be seeing?

Question... Lamda correction, if we turn it off, adjust everything to where we want it(I will still want it to be near stoich for most driving, just not the fun and aggressive stuff), then turn it back on, it's going to want to adjust stuff further, won't it? Is there a map somewhere that gives us control over what it thinks it wants to be seeing?

Somewhere there is a map that controls how much "authority" the lambda sensor has. As far as having lambda target anything other than 14.7, you can't. Download my latest XDF; I have added several 'unknown' 5x5 maps... I'd wager a bet that one of them has something to do with lambda. Maybe.

Ipdown had a more thorough description on ECUProject, but basically the lambda circuit gets converted to a 2-bit input on the ECU, and the voltages that change the bits are determined by the hardware, not software :-(

That said; I used narrowband emulation with my LC1 to fool the ECU into thinking that 15.5 is 14.7 and that works just peachy! Just make sure that you don't lean out in boost (mine doesn't).

Last edited:
Back