• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

2200 cc injectors for E85

qwkswede

Old and Slow
300+ Club
There are some common injectors around on ebay and Amazon lately that are high impedence and flow 2200cc/hr. I THINK they are Bosch, but I don't really know much about them. I need an upgrade for my E85 drinking 16V turbo and these are probably a little bit overkill for my power level but seem to fit the bill for cost, high impedence, and high flow...

Are these a crappy chinese knock off part of something else? What's people's opinion on these or other large injectors for my upgrade needs?

I'm running a stock rail and intake manifold. So i need the injectors to match the OEM size to bolt in leak free. I'm OK changing connectors if I need to.

how much power are you really looking to make? If its under 400whp, you should be fine with 1000s on e85. I was at 80%-ish DC on e85 at 350whp.

Also, just buck up and buy IDs, it sucks to spend the money, but the quality and data with the injectors is well worth it.

I've read too many stories of rip off injectors failing and grenading engines. I would spend the money to get some from a known source.

Jordan

Is Injector Dynamics a reputable source these days? I'll look them up. I haven't bought a set of injectors in quite a while. The selections have changed out there. It used to be that larger injectors were all low impedence. But now I'm seeing quite a few high impedence options out there in 1000, 1600, 2200.

I figured the 2200 Bosch injectors had some OEM use like Natural Gas. They seem to be everywhere and affordable.

-------- found this info on them -------------
https://www.bosch-motorsport-shop.com.au/ev14-ngi2-injector~4317

Last edited:
I think Tate just went to ID1600's for e85, not too many redblocks on here getting pushed harder than his.

ID's seem to be the gold standard. I actually sent my ID1k's back to them for a check when I was dealing with a tuning issue, got good data back and the injectors are very closely paired.

Seems like way too much injector, but these days big injectors handle low flow rates pretty well, so maybe it's not an issue.

I was using Racetronix 95#/1000cc injectors on my E85 16V turbo, absolutely no issues with idling on it, and a modest amount of DC leftover at peak boost (IIRC).

make sure you're getting actual bosch injectors. 2200's is a lot, you gonna put the hose on it along with the e85 and 25 pounds of freedom?

I have heard they idle pretty good, so I was going to go for a bit more than I needed. I was always at the limit with the 1600s on my old race car. So figured I would go bigger this time especially if that means modern injectors with better idle characteristics.

Planning long term a little bit. But the race car is coming together and I'll run 30-40 psi boost on it on Ethanol. So thought I would get familiar with the same injectors on this 16v turbo in the 300-400hp range. It's running 22-23 psi already.

make sure you're getting actual bosch injectors. 2200's is a lot, you gonna put the hose on it along with the e85 and 25 pounds of freedom?

Back