• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

turbo questions

90volvo

First Ive done alot reading and searching just cant find a clear answer. Im adding turbo to my 90 Volvo Na car it has a good M47 which I know is the week link. Have some parts for a T5 swap but that a whole nother story.
I have most everything to do a swap. I was originally going to buy a T3 factory turbocharger with the 3 bolt downpipe hookup. I have the downpipe already which is a 3 bolt. After doing alot of digging and lack of T3's: I thought about using a t3/t4 hybrid. But couple concerns. First, down pipe; do I need an adapter that go from like Vband to 3 bolt? Or even a 5 bolt to 3 bolt? Is there enough room for the adapter? Or should i just buy a new downpipe"

Next question: Is a T04E-T3-T4-63-TURBO-TURBOCHARGER to big? I plan to run 3 inch ex. and have 850 injectors, factory 740 intercooler (which Im going to upgrade later on), I have V cam and adjustable cam gear installed, I have Ezk and ECU out of 940 turbo car. (will chip later) 90 plus ex. manifold that is ported. My goal is to eventually make 225-250 hp. Im after more low to mid power than anything. Will rarely rev past 4000 rpm but only every now and then.

Any help and advice will be appreciated.

I would personally opt for a Mitsubishi turbo if you want low/mid. They spool quick. You can get a 15g with conical flange that bolts to stock 2/7/9 down pipe. Also have an integrated CBV so you won’t need to run any blow off valves or anything. Hardest thing is clocking the turbo to RWD application.

Or you could just run a 13c and have a little less power.

source or link

I would personally opt for a Mitsubishi turbo if you want low/mid. They spool quick. You can get a 15g with conical flange that bolts to stock 2/7/9 down pipe. Also have an integrated CBV so you won?t need to run any blow off valves or anything. Hardest thing is clocking the turbo to RWD application.

Or you could just run a 13c and have a little less power.

I search ebay only find 5 bolt flanges. hate to ask can you give me a link. I would really appreciate it. 15g it is then.

so this might be for someone else searching. Ive done alot of digging and searching. I believe that early volvo 850 turbo will fit. I think its the 94-95 models. It has the right conical flange. I believe there are three 850 styles the early conical, then the straight, then the really angled if that make sense.

Back