• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Paint sceme and Mod list

GTJordan

Been here for too long
Well,

Looks like the GT is going to be put into storage, and restored back to original, maybe.

So I've started collecting parts, and idea's for this rust free 75 242DL.

I need Idea's for paint guys.

I love that lime green 240 with white wheels. I think its a hella sweet car, but lots of nay sayers to it.

a DARK metalic red, with white wheels, or gun metal wheels?

Forest green? What color wheels?

etc etc...

Wheels will be 15" Virgo's because I love them. Cross drilled rotors behind, SLAMMED.

Ok, now here are more details about the car.

I am getting a B23E with a whopping 90K miles on it. I'm going to throw some B23FTi pistons in it. (will have 405 head and K-Grind, cleaned up a bit). Mitsu 15G, 90+ manifold, 3" exhaust, T5 gearbox, Bilstiens, MegaSquirt, BIG injectors, MSD ignition, caged, stripped, lightened, lexan.

Here is what I got on the way/so far

B23E
405 head and K grind
15G turbo
MegaSquirt
MSD
Roll cage
bilstiens
lowering springs (chppers)

What I'm looking for
90+ manifold
3" downpipe
B23FT pistons in good shape
T5

etc etc

Remember, this car will not have carpet, headliner, anything... with aluminum door panels. So this colors gotta look good. My goal is to win the local Hot night in the city car show.

Jordan

B23FT pistons are listed at US$112/set new, standard size, at two different sites. I'm seriously considering a set for myself.

http://www.europeanautomotive.com/
http://www.alloemautoparts.com/

I like medium to dark red, but not so dark that people wouldn't still call it red. Such as the 240 Classic red. I wouldn't put white wheels on my own car unless it was medium blue, but they seem to be gaining in popularity. I also like dark blue or bright white or the blue color on the limited edition Ocean Race V70. How about saffron metallic? V70R laser blue? T5-R dark green metallic?

You should consider coilovers for the front if you want to go really low. That way you can get enough spring rate to keep the suspension from bottoming out. For the rear, my 11" springs are quite low, and can be ordered in almost any spring rate from 100 to 600+ in 25lb. increments.

towerymt said:
B23FT pistons are listed at US$112/set new, standard size, at two different sites. I'm seriously considering a set for myself.

At least blow the B230 pistons first... 18psi oughta do it. :lol:

I am very partial to a bright lime green, or an electric blue (like the C20R.) A dark, rusty metallic orange-red is nice too, kind of the way Doug's car looked after it's first trip through the paint booth.

Both the 240 classic red and the 240 Classic metallic green are quite nice....

lime green will give you a lot of attention from the mounties...

I will sya some sort of really dark red or dark green- obviously I may be biased on the green. ;)

Has anyone bought those B23ft pistons? I assume they don't come with rings since rings from there are 50 bucks? if they have rings you are paying about $12.50 per piston. lol.

Seems too good to be true. That is wicked if they really are that cheap though!

i think it would be cool to do a gt theme in a different color... like blue body with white and orange stripes vs the standard orange and blacks on silver...

also stealth fighter flat black would look pretty tough.

or what about a gold GT theme or metallic copper? w/ stirpes

hmmmm reminds me i gotta do those stripes up but the b21ft implant is priority these days.

-jeremy

jordan... how bout some of these alternative gt paint stripe options????

gt_options.jpg

CaptainBondo said:
Has anyone bought those B23ft pistons? I assume they don't come with rings since rings from there are 50 bucks? if they have rings you are paying about $12.50 per piston. lol.

It just says "IN STOCK", so I'm optimistic. I doubt they include rings since the pistons would be $15/ea. based on the rings costing $50 individually.

Wow, I really like that red with black and white GT stripe go think posted.

But my choice would have to be that orange that the Saturn VUE comes in with some black Volans or some Titans.

Im down with Jeremy's ALT GT schemes. A little original volvo influence with a kick. I like Blue and Red the best.

White wheels sound neat, and I hate to say it man, cause I love the virgo's too, but you'll be hard pressed to win anything with 15" wheels. I'd pick up some titans, I still think that the are the best match with a 240.... although the rims on that green one are sick too.

Im down with Jeremy's ALT GT schemes. A little original volvo influence with a kick. I like Blue and Red the best.

White wheels sound neat, and I hate to say it man, cause I love the virgo's too, but you'll be hard pressed to win anything with 15" wheels. I'd pick up some titans, I still think that the are the best match with a 240.... although the rims on that green one are sick too.

I agree, Dark green with dark gold 16s, Dark red with gunmetal 16s.
White looks good at first, gets old, 17s are way expensive for tires and wheels, ride suffers, and they look silly on a 240.

mikep said:
...17s are way expensive for tires and wheels, ride suffers, and they look silly on a 240.

Looks good from this view. :wink: They only look funny if the car isn't lowered, like this: 245 w/18"s That's a good looking car, but it could use a 2" drop in the front and maybe 3" in the back and be perfect.

svart_242.gif

Paint it a dark forest green or something Jordan.
Something that looks nice but is cop friendly. you could match up some shade of grey wheels with it too I think.

Perhaps along the lines of this car
8.jpg

I just can't get enough of that bluish greeny color.

I think light greens, and forest greens are too "family car" like these days... Same with Silver. hence my looking for a sorta flashy but not cop attractive colors.

Eventually I'll get some more 17" wheels. I don't think I'll go with Titans or the like, because they are so damn common.

My buddy just got a set of Team Dynamics Motor Sports on his GT. Man they are NICE wheels. But 1100 bucks later (canadian).....

I want to get everything else done before wheels. And I'll probably end up getting a set of aftermarket when a killer deal comes along.

JOrdan

Back