• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Chipping FAQ

Have you bought those stage 2 chips from me?

The setup you have will support a good amount of power, but even those cars and ECU's can experience fuel cut of course.

How much boost are you running?

And do you really have a 16T? The B204FT came with a Garrett turbo.

Yes those chips are from you. And yes I putted that 16t there. I dont have an MBC yet but i think that there is more pressure now than stock. Car is -93.

Yes those chips are from you. And yes I putted that 16t there. I dont have an MBC yet but i think that there is more pressure now than stock. Car is -93.
Please look up what the pressure is.

And a 16T probably works well on the engine, but at higher boost it will not be able to keep up I think. The backpressure on the 16T may be too high, and there is also a risk of boost creep if the turbine housing is not ported.

There is 1 bar of boost, and then it cuts off, when it reaches about 5000 rpm.
That is really strange...

But answer this:

If you are at WOT, does it cut out entirely and just slow down when you still hold the foot to the floor?

Or does it cut-go-cut-go-cut-go?

I have a 960 with stock b204ft. Will it work to install a 967 ECU with B234+T chip and a new chipped ezk?
I'm not planning to use the TCU at all. A/C will be removed, I'll run external wastegate with my own boost control and the engine fan will be controled with a separate sensor (the temp sensor for it doesnt work, and i cant get a new one anywhere)

i have an 83 240 GLT w/ a b23FT engine in it. its completely stock ATM minus the upgraded spark plugs and wiring i recently put in. im about to purchase a boost controller and i stumbled into this thread.

would one of your chips work in my car? alot of the info was a bit over my head, but i saw 'improved gas mileage so long as you dont floor it' and 'hp gains of 10+' and my attention soon focused on this thread.

so please, enlighten me :)

i have an 83 240 GLT w/ a b23FT engine in it. its completely stock ATM minus the upgraded spark plugs and wiring i recently put in. im about to purchase a boost controller and i stumbled into this thread.

would one of your chips work in my car? alot of the info was a bit over my head, but i saw 'improved gas mileage so long as you dont floor it' and 'hp gains of 10+' and my attention soon focused on this thread.

so please, enlighten me :)
Since your car is from 1983 you don't have LH2.2 or LH2.4 engine management system. You need one of those to use the chips.

I have a 960 with stock b204ft. Will it work to install a 967 ECU with B234+T chip and a new chipped ezk?
I'm not planning to use the TCU at all. A/C will be removed, I'll run external wastegate with my own boost control and the engine fan will be controled with a separate sensor (the temp sensor for it doesnt work, and i cant get a new one anywhere)
Yes, it will work.

But if you have the B204 ECU and EZK you can keep those if you don't have a special reason to get rid of them.

(We talked about this last night, but I thought it would be good to answer the question here for others to see as well.)

That is really strange...

But answer this:

If you are at WOT, does it cut out entirely and just slow down when you still hold the foot to the floor?

Or does it cut-go-cut-go-cut-go?

What's the difference? I've got the 'cut-go' type for a long time.. but now its gone. Maybe LH learnt something?

What's the difference? I've got the 'cut-go' type for a long time.. but now its gone. Maybe LH learnt something?
There are two distinct things that can happen.

Scenario 1:

You accelerate at WOT. At full load, the car goes cut-go-cut-go-cut-go when you still have your foot planted at the floor. That is most likely the AMM reaching the end of its measuring range (or rather, the ECU reaching the end of the scale).

Scenario 2:

You accelerate at WOT. At full load, the car cuts out and lose almost all power (slowing down) when you still have your foot planted at the floor. The power might return when the rpm's fall. That is most likely the intake hose collapsing.

what happens with the LH2.4 fuel-cut after integrating b230ft+16vt ECU+ICU chips?
The fuel cut is going to happen when the A/D-converter max out. Between 5 and 6 volts.

Same as most other ECU's.

Some older ECU's and ECU's for B200 engines have a lower level of fuel cut though (software limited), but that is fixed with the chips.

The fuel cut is going to happen when the A/D-converter max out. Between 5 and 6 volts.

Same as most other ECU's.

Some older ECU's and ECU's for B200 engines have a lower level of fuel cut though (software limited), but that is fixed with the chips.

so what? a 960 AMM and keep the pressure within ~15PSI and i should be ok?

so what? a 960 AMM and keep the pressure within ~15PSI and i should be ok?
Bigger AMM = less air reported to the ECU = less voltage.

By using an AMM suited for your application, you can run any amount of boost you like.

can i use a ezk box from another turbo car or na to put in my 91 740turbo, its ezk isnt chippable but the ecu is, i think the number on the ecu was 580

can i use a ezk box from another turbo car or na to put in my 91 740turbo, its ezk isnt chippable but the ecu is, i think the number on the ecu was 580

You should be able to use any of the LH2.4 EZK once you put the new chip in.
You ECU might me the same as mine (560). you have to check.

Back