• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

+t oil return

I?m sure this has been discussed somewhere else on the forums so sorry in advance. So I?m contemplating +t my 93 240 and I think I have found info on mostly everything but I haven?t seen anything online that says whether you have to pull the engine or not to drill and tap the block for the oil return. Is there enough space to drill and tap with the engine in the car or will I have to pull the engine to drill and tap?

Yeah I have seen that done but you have to put the hole above the baffles right? Also I don’t have a welder but I suppose I could get a shop to weld it for me.

Above the oil level or drill the block I would pull it and do it out of the car..buy a pan gasket, check the rods and mains and replace the oil pump o-rings, hell all oil seals, converter seal all the stuff that's easy while the engines out....put four quarts of water in the pan mark level drill hole they also make oil fittings for no weld action...I think yoshifab sells them if not earls,russell,aeroquip will

Last edited:
The first time I tapped a block for an oil return the motor was on a stand, with the pan removed. The second one I've done the engine was in the car and the oil pan intact. I used a lot of grease on my bits/dies. Then i flushed the hole and oil pan out with a gallon of mineral spirits, and changed the oil after 10 miles just to be sure I left nothing behind (I found nothing).

Both have over 15k miles since +t and are running fine. There's a dozen ways to do it, some safer and better than others.

Back