• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

122s wheel sizes (what fits?)

Thanks for the input. Your car looks great on those steelies! Considering 17's now. Really having a hard time with this decision. Wondering if the 17's will give me more room for brake upgrades in the future.

Thanks!

17's will certainly give you more tire options as well as brake clearance option in respect to diameter of rotors but you'll still have to consider caliper clearance to the face.

I actually had to modify the turbine wheels I was running for that exact reason. Almost wondering if I should run adapters just to give that extra clearance.

I actually had to modify the turbine wheels I was running for that exact reason. Almost wondering if I should run adapters just to give that extra clearance.

Adapters would open up the door to a huge variety of rim choices due to the endless bolt pattern options and higher offsets which are more common on modern vehicles. You'll certainly effect scrub radius though which may cause some undesired results, namely more stress on wheel bearings.

Using adapters doesnt have to effect my scrub radius though. The tire mounting surface can remain in the stock location despite different positive offsets by using an adapter I believe. Moving the center of the wheel in and out doesnt effect scrub radius, only the center point of the tire should effect that right? I guess i envision the adapter as a part of the wheel

Also, what 205/60 tire have you been running?

Last edited:
Very true, if final ET comes close to factory then all should be well.

I'm running a cheap house brand tire from my local tire store as I wasn't sure what my long term plans were with the gold wheels. They've done surprisingly well but then again I haven't put a ton a miles on them in the past few years. DORAL is the brand name, tires are SD something, wear rating is 400 I think??? Cost me around $50 each, really similar to Walmart house brand.

Definitely want the classic sidewall look of the BFGoodrich T/As this time around, but they are over twice the cost each.

Are the steel wheels widened stock or just something aftermarket? Wanna sell them to make room for the new ones? Haha. Im about to give up on all the fancy ones.

I'm running 17X8 ET18 with 215/50 on my amazon right now. They fit in all the wells, but I had to run a 10mm spacer on the rear when I had the stock rear end in it. Also lose about 1/8 of a turn each direction of steering lock with the 25mm IPD swaybar.

Are the steel wheels widened stock or just something aftermarket? Wanna sell them to make room for the new ones? Haha. Im about to give up on all the fancy ones.

Just widened stock wheels. Instead of being re-barreled they were banded. They are kinda sketchy in my opinion but they hold air. They weigh a ton also, probably north of 25lbs each. I've actually thought about selling them but I like to have at least one back up set in the garage, realistically they aren't worth much anyhow.

Makes sense, having spares is always nice.

Thanks for the info lbird!

I'm currently looking at some oddball wheels that are 16x7 et12. I'll keep you guys posted if I go with those. Should be interesting.

Update: Bought the wheels mentioned above. Couldn't pass up a set of aluminum wheels for $50. Cleaning up and painting now, will post pics when i'm done. Planning to run 205/55/16... lots of tire choices and close to overall stock diameter.

Last edited:
Back