• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Wiring up R-Sport Cluster...

No idiot light in the R-Sport cluster for oil pressure.....

Easy enough to trick the 'EGR' light into being an 'oil light.' Use that one.....

Last edited:
No idiot light in the R-Sport cluster for oil pressure.....

Easy enough to trick the 'EGR' light into being an 'oil light.' Use that one.....

ummm, yes, yes, I'd agree....though if you're going to the effort of installing graduated instrumentation, i'd simply read the FAWWWKINN gauge!

I'm having trouble installing an R-Sport cluster in my '76 242. It's the version with five pins (and no extra pins below the crescent). It seems all photos in this thread cover the other version.

As evident in the photos, the connector will not connect to the pins due to a missing hole.

Does anyone know what should be connected to what? Also, since the instrument have no holes for the guiding pins on each connector, I guess I'll have to chop them off?

IMG_5552_gt.jpg

IMG_5557_connectors.jpg

Here's an installation guide:
http://www.240.se/install/montGT.pdf

Comparied to the old Yazaki instrument.
IMG_5551_gt_yazaki.jpg

The black wire on the 2 pin connector goes on the half moon that needs to be drilled out. The red blue goes into the other slot on the half moon second from last.

Great! Thanks! Is there a possibility that the car won't start if anything goes wrong, or is this operation considered safe?

Is it this version of boards that you sell on eBay?

Early clusters had switched power & ground on the little 2-pin connector...later years integrated those in to the half-moon...

Half moon is called connector #32

32-1 Hand Brake (usually brown...but black on early cars, don't confuse it with ground)
32-2 Switched Power (blue red)
32-3 empty
32-4 Fuel Level (gray)
32-A Ground (black)

Repin half-moon to the above, and run your switched power & ground...and you'll be good to go

I've never had to drill one of the connectors out...I don't think that blank is supposed to get used...

Look at the numbers printed on the half moon...I believe it is 32-3 that is solid...which isn't used

Thanks! Followed both your advice and it works perfectly! Everything became even more clear when I saw the markings on the half moon... ;)

Back