• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230 Color?

Wiley

Hey all, I just got my block prepped for some painting. I really like the original red color, but I would like to do something different. Sooo........what color do you think would go good with my beige colored Volvo? I know its not that big of a deal, but I have a while before the air gets warm and dry enough to paint so I thought it would be fun to get some suggestions. :)

-Wiley

White is always great looking in the right engine bay. Difficult to keep looking clean.

Lime green stands out and hide some grease before it needs Engine Brite.

Perhaps mix up a navy blue metallic? I always thought blue and gold looked good together. Then again, they were my school colours.

Whatever you pick, enjoy it and don't regret it!

As long as it's not ford blue.

And yeah...a tan block in a beige car would look good. actually, that gives me an idea for when I redo my car.

rastablock ftw

Beat me to it!

ericsrastablock.jpg

Paint it with Gold Engine paint. OR Copper color like Olds did. OR Sky Blue like old late 50's eaely 60's Pontiac motors, OR Light Metalic Blue of the later 60's Pontiac engines. Or orange,yellow.

Google some of the old American cars where ones have restored them. Get ideas.

stole from cam

148.jpg

That looks sweet! If I am not lazy and want to remove the old paint then that is definitely what i will do.

The Rasta paint also looks cool, but I would rather go a little more subtle for my first. Thanks for the suggestions guys! By the way.... What does /thread mean? am I posting in the wrong thread? If so, sorry. :doh:

In HTML (and other mark-up languages) you start something like
HTML:
<b> to bold text then </b>
to stop it, usually called ending. So /thread would be like
HTML:
</thread>
or "end thread".

Back