• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

turbowagon, 900-series content (stance, SweDM yo')

Thefuzz

Hey guys.

I've been lurking around for a good while now, thought it would be time to do a projectthread.
Most because I need some pressure to accually do stuff on the car.
A ****load of my time, I'm working, and the wagon is my summer DD, so this will be a
DD-project, but never the less. Lets go.

Lets start with some history.
Bought the car about 5 years ago, having a dad thats a huge volvo-fan and been around all of his cars, there was no coincidence I got a volvo.
(picturebombing inc.)

It sat on Galaxys with stock everything when I picked it up.
163370-1569597.jpg

A year later, I thought it would be cool to paint those in the same color as the trimming.
Did some misc. stuff too it aswell. Had the wipers for the lights removed and the hole got some plastic in it, got them painted and mounted.
Ran a + from the fronts the the fender-indicators so they are lit all the time, with missmatching blinks, rad!
163370-1857798.jpg

The year after that., I got some cool 17" from an 850, painted those in the same color, ran 20mm spacers all around. About the same time, I got some lowering springs.
163370-2832627.jpg

From there I fitted a 16T turbo, running 1 bar/14.5psi, with a full 3" exhaust, 200cell cat. and a really small Simons muffler. Sounds neat.
Got injectors from the S60 T5, like 390cc or something. Threw in a different fuelrail and a Tomei Type-S FPR. It runs pretty good.
Computers a chip'ed from VikingChips, so it doesnt blow up.
Although I think I need bigger injectors, currently looking at 550's.

Stock clutch, diff and that stuff.

After all this, I hang around all the JDM-kids with their slammed golfs, civics, S14 and whatnot. So I got prettymuch hooked on that, but being a volvo-fan, I decided to work on the wagon. Because wagons are cool. :cool:

At first I was looking at the Rota D2 18" wheels.
Luckily my current set found its way onto a swedish buyandsell-site. They are Work VS-S5 from like 1995, I thought they looked cool, they where close to my town and was only like 220 bucks. So I bought 'em. Got a pair of 3.75" lips from Image Wheels for the rear, polished the front 1.5", had the centers painted and rebuilt em.

This is pretty much where I am today.
Still runs the same engine setup, as I mentioned, it needs bigger injectors. And a new and stronger clutch would do it good.

qddh.jpg

jefv.jpg

I have a bunch of stuff lying around, waiting to be fitted. I just need to find some freetime to actually do it (And I need to wait on my camberplates to be delivered). Got a new alu, welded IC, should maintain the boost better. Got some TB-coils and springs for the rear, from a pickup truck. Also some 35mm spacers, for that cool fitment.

Besides that, I'm thinking 19t. A friend installed one into his 940, runs great. So I can't be worse than him. And maybe a BBK. BBKs are cool.

r24v.jpg

163370-3209762.jpg

I think that is all, see you in the next post, where I hopefully will be mounting all the damn suspensionstuff.

TBC.jpg

Last edited:
Wagonpower!!! (fistbump)?? cool that you run rota wheels. nice to see something different. keep the pics flowing:cool:

Haha! I thought they where rotas:oops: maybe not so strange as rota wheels has a replica of almost every famous rim there is:cool:

How much power are you aiming for? Are gonna push the LH 2,4 to the max?

Haha! I thought they where rotas:oops: maybe not so strange as rota wheels has a replica of almost every famous rim there is:cool:

How much power are you aiming for? Are gonna push the LH 2,4 to the max?

ha yea, they come in very different shapes ;)

Well, I'd be happy if I push it to 300whp, even 250whp would be cool. I have had plans on building an engine, but a place to build have been limited. And I'm most likley going to college this autumn. So I've put that plan on hold for a while.

For now, I have the main focus on the looks of the car!

Minor update. I've got a aprox. date, 25th of april, for when my camberplates are due to delivered, so I hope to get a bigger update going at the end of april/start of may.

Got a couple of stuff delivered today, nothing big. But its carstuff - carstuff is always nice.
Untitled-1.jpg

Very nice wagon. The gold wheels look great with the red.

Looks pretty much awesome.

Thanks guys!

So yea. I got everything mounted and the list on to-do's have gotten a bit longer.
I noticed that I'm bottoming out the suspension when I am at the height I want to ride, so I'm going to cut the legs about 19-20mm and get a pair of 240 shocks, that should give me some more travel.
Also, today I have cone-shaped shock tops/top springseats, so I'm missing out on 10 to 15mm of travel there. Got two new, flat on the way home.
Put in an order for a new, bigger in-tank fuelpump aswell, Walbro GTS450 - 450L/h. Should solve my lean AFR and give my currents a rest from E85

104749578933444173460882097478414n.jpg

Also got my IPD swaybars mounted, made a good difference, even though its almost rigid up front due to the shocks.

IMG20140618193547JbUP.jpg

It sorta' looks like before, but I like it.
Considering getting a new pair of tyres for the fronts, 205/45 insted of todays 195/40.

Should get some better photos aswell.

Back