• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Issues stalling when pulling in clutch

LeedomtoFreedom

So I've read a lot of the old threads on this and can't seem to fix it.
Hx35 with Bosch style diverter valve (aftermarket with adjustment) LH2.4 using IAC (throttle set correctly)

Basically every other stop, I'll pull in the clutch and the revs drop to zero, almost like the IAC isn't catching the revs at all.

I haven't checked for boost leaks since I installed this engine, but there shouldn't be any major ones.

Any other info just ask, otherwise some guidance is appreciated.

So you are saying that pushing in the clutch affects the idle? There must be a dragging clutch to load the engine enough to stall. Are you sure the cable is working correctly or if it's a hydraulic setup make sure the slave cylinder is pushing the rod far enough.

Sorry I didn't specify. I was just using the clutch as a distinction on when it happens. It happens immediately after I take load off the engine (pulling in the clutch)

sometimes systems that don't seem obvious can have vacume leaks like the brake booster, EVAP system, HVAC-system as far as it's controled by vacume lines.

Maybe do a smoke test on the intake, check where smoke exits the intake + connected systems

Then there is the throttle body: it needs a basic setting (about 500rpm with the idle circuit clamped shut)
It's also a good idea to test the throttle body axel, if it is worn it may have a vacume leak where the axel passes through the sides of the TB.

The injectors also have seals that harden and go bad as they get old. While the engine is running, spray some starting fluid around the base of each injector. if rpms don't change: no leak. It rpms go up: leak found.

I do remember that the throttle body shaft had a leak the last time I checked. But I'll definitely boost leak test the whole thing and make sure.

It hasn't stalled as often as it was (engine just installed, I'm guessing lh2.4 is still learning) but I noticed that it sometimes gets very lean when you come to a stop, but rounds off back to 14.7+/- after a few seconds. During that time, the idle is very low and lopey

Is it going lean or rich and stalling?

Or is the IAC not catching it?

Temporarily open the throttle stop setting to see if idle speed control is the issue?

that lean before idle is the highest vacuum. Because you are coasting down with the throttle closed. So if there is a vacuum leak. That is when it's sucking in the most air.

There's a slight leak in the throttle body shaft. I swapped with another throttle body but they both leak. I've tried to find the seal for this and I couldn't find one if I recall.

It goes lean when I coast to a stop. Happened once today. Not a crucial issue, just very annoying.

weird stuff, I switched the throttle body with one from a car that had no issues stalling but have yet to test it on the road. seems like a small leak to cause it to stall, but hopefully this will sort it out

So far with the other throttlebody, it hasn't died on me. Possibly an issue with the throttle adjustment on the other, or the tps out of adjustment, affecting the throttle point. I'll keep this posted because it seems odd that it would die with such a small leak.

Back