• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

central locking but not with key

nel621

Having an issue with the central locking. It works if you pull the driver side knob all doors lock/unlock. But it does not work when you close the driver door and use the key. Tried 2 different known good mechanisms but same result. What am I missing?

The wires on the pull knob were fine. On the key lock section a small portion was damaged and new wires soldered replaced that. The other central lock assembly had no wire damage at all. Both did the same thing, pull knob fine, use the key -no go. Will revist this later in the week. Thanks for the link.

There's 3 wires that come from the relays in the center console through the door hinge area to the switches in the door. Red/Green/Black. One is ground (I'd think black but I don't have the wiring diagrams handy.) The other two go to the lock&unlock relays. The switches are in parallel and either one can connect ground to appropriate lock/unlock relay to energize it.

From what you're describing, it sounds like you have a double failure. You can unplug the switch assembly and check it with an ohm meter, or check it in place with key on and a volt meter, and watch what it does as you activate the switches.

Back