• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

It'll buff out? 242

Oi :doh:

Doing it that way you're just gonna deform or break anything salvageable to a state beyond salvage.

You've got to pull with a winch/come-along at the seams, steady pull and help with body hammers of various consistencies and shapes. Pull, hammer, pull, hammer, pull... lather rinse repeat.

Doing it that way you're just gonna deform or break anything salvageable to a state beyond salvage.

You've got to pull with a winch/come-along at the seams, steady pull and help with body hammers of various consistencies and shapes. Pull, hammer, pull, hammer, pull... lather rinse repeat.

He’ll just drag the car or pull something off the van. It ain’t easy pulling panels out... especially that panel with more joints than calimeatwagon

Borrow or rent a Porta power and easy it back into shape. Some hammer and dolly work and you should be good to go.

Gotta get that rear bumper off and see what's what. How long ago was the hit?

What can go wrong? Nothing

He?ll just drag the car or pull something off the van. It ain?t easy pulling panels out... especially that panel with more joints than calimeatwagon

:nod: Or smash some window glass when the chain flails its mighty tentacle.

Thanks for your concern, nothing went wrong, worked exactly as intended. I "pulled the bumper a bit" (as stated) The bumper bolt is now free from what was shielding it. So now when I am ready I can pull the bumper off and begin standard methods of pulling the wrinkles out.
:roll:

Borrow or rent a Porta power and easy it back into shape. Some hammer and dolly work and you should be good to go.

Thanks Nels!
It is a little too far, but looks like it would have some of what I need?
I do have a good reason to buy a Porta power now!

Or...I do have several body shop connections and may see if I can get it pulled to the point where I can R&R the quarter, save me lots of energy. I am in no hurry.
(well, I have to keep telling myself that) :nod:

You're a brave man, I've seen 242's totalled by small QP dents that could be easily kicked out to passable.

Its a combination of boredom and it was in my price range. All the straight 242 (in my price range) were beat.
Obviously this one is beat (now) but previous it was well cared for. So is it worth fixing?
Jury is still out.
I like it so I'm willing to use up some of my not so abundant energy to find out.

My vote is to leave it volvo and make it turbo powered. A+T or turbo engine and those lighter early cars are a lot of fun with just some modest poiwer increases.

Yeah - be careful Brad. When mine was wrecked a long time back, the box section that holds the bumper shock was damaged - not fun to replace. 17 years ago, finding replacement 2 door rear quarters was an adventure.

Didn't 83GLT have NOS quarters for sale? I think he's out of the country for a while but I'm sure lurking on here.

Back