• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

AC pressure intensely high

niquemarshall

So, long story short, just restored my ac system on my 940. AC has been working well, but I realized that the compressor seemed to always remain engaged as long as the ac was on, afaik an ac compressor is supposed to cycle, right? Anyway, since the ac was still getting cold, I didnt think to heavily on it. AC compressor began to slip at the clutch, especially when first turning it on, before resuming normal operation. Doesnt always do it. I assumed the compressor was going bad. Got advice from someone that my pressure switch may have shorted and that's why the compressor was slipping. I'm assuming my high pressure switch is bad... What are the odds that I overcharged my ac system?

Last edited:
So I measured the ac system with the engine running, it's just under 35psi which is kinda lower than than where it needs to be, and the compressor is no longer slipping, even when you rev it hard, weird

Your vehicle has a CCOT compressor control..... cycling clutch orifice tube. Read up on theory of operation, where else.... the 700/900 Maint. Pages.

Low/High side pressures depend completely on ambient temps. Find an R134a table, and it will show optimum pressures for operation versus ambient temps (not underhood temp).

Back