• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

'93 245 OEM Radio Repair?

Mint2Me

The AM/FM works bur my tape deck doesn't. I have a bunch of old school tapes I want to listen to. Does anyone fix these anymore? And NO, I don't want to upgrade it.

Usually there is a small belt in the drive mechanism that goes bad. Lube up the transport. Other than that there isn't much worth repair. I think you can find another one. I'd give you mine but it's long gone.

The TD-613s are pretty easy to service but the Achilles heels on these units are the gears in the cassette mechanism. I would verify they aren?t missing any teeth before ordering a new belt.

I had Radio Repair Man rebuild an old cassette deck in one of my E30s. You can take a chance on another deck or do it right by having your rebuilt. Correct, the cassette belts usually dry rot and fail. The rebuild will include everything that needs fixing from re-soldiering joints, new transistors, etc... I think I was quoted $250.00 to have my factory Volvo radio rebuilt, and although much more expensive, depending on what you need, than aftermarket, for me it was worth it to maintain originality. I don't need, Aux, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc...

https://www.radiomanrepair.com/#Volvo Systems

Back