• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230+T5 3k rpm shake

I'm not quite familiar with a 240 carrier setup, mine will be in a 740. I could be wrong but I don't think I'll even need to modify make it round? The OE 740 mount looks very similar. If I go this route I'll have to return my stock support to IPD . . . for the second time:lol:

I think that Spicer mount that works in the 240's with trimming might work in a 7 as well, just the mounting is a little different. It might just need a different set of holes drilled in the mounting plate. An interesting though, I haven't played with it, but yeah, it could be possible. It's definitely a LOT better than the stock 7 mount as well, but it still has some room to flex, allowing for some NVH dissipation, where a filled mount wouldn't.

If you do go down that road, please do post up what you find! While my mount isn't in bad shape now, as the power levels and abuse continue, they don't last a long time, nor do AW71 mounts. lol

Fixed to include link to post...

I think that Spicer mount that works in the 240's with trimming might work in a 7 as well, just the mounting is a little different. It might just need a different set of holes drilled in the mounting plate. An interesting though, I haven't played with it, but yeah, it could be possible. It's definitely a LOT better than the stock 7 mount as well, but it still has some room to flex, allowing for some NVH dissipation, where a filled mount wouldn't.

If you do go down that road, please do post up what you find! While my mount isn't in bad shape now, as the power levels and abuse continue, they don't last a long time, nor do AW71 mounts. lol

I went with the Spicer mount in my swap (240)....Works great. They're decently cheap, so I'd just pick one up to see if it can be made to work in your 7xx.

Except that I don't plan to drop my driveshaft anytime soon, otherwise I would. But yeah, I think it was around $50 when I bought the one for the 140, not much different than a decent brand bearing and surround, so if it holds up longer, definitely worth it.

So what's the consensus about driveline angles with the two piece and Ranger yoke? It drops the trans a lot lower than what you'd see with the stock setup because of clearance needed. I'm thinking you'd need to drop the center support bearing to be in spec? As a side note, don't waste your time with that Yoshi poly filled 740/940 support bearing mount. Installed it on a two piece I had laying about and the poly separated on install. He makes a lot of great stuff, don't get me wrong but this one is questionable.

I was about to buy it, now I guess I'll go with the spicer. With a diameter of 1.77 it will fit on a two-inch diameter 740 driveline, right? I measured the ID of my bearing and it also reads 1.77. Does the spicer have the bearing integrated into the unit, unlike the stock design of the 740 where you need to install the housing onto the bearing?

So what's the consensus about driveline angles with the two piece and Ranger yoke? It drops the trans a lot lower than what you'd see with the stock setup because of clearance needed. I'm thinking you'd need to drop the center support bearing to be in spec? As a side note, don't waste your time with that Yoshi poly filled 740/940 support bearing mount. Installed it on a two piece I had laying about and the poly separated on install. He makes a lot of great stuff, don't get me wrong but this one is questionable.

The spicer is indeed an integrated bearing/carrier setup. It did press onto the stock 240 driveline in my 140, which I believe is the same ID as the 7/9 shaft.

I've noticed the funky angles in the 140 using a 2pc as well, and dropping the trans it seems would add to that. I'm considering going back to a 1pc as well because of that, since the noise didn't change between the two setups.

Got my Spicer 2100842X Support Bearing today and it's huge compared to a stock 740 one. I will go test to see if it will fit in the 740, new holes will definitely need to be drilled into the plate that holds up the carrier bearing. The 740 one is still in the packaging because I will return it if I can get the Spicer one to fit.
IMG-1990.jpg

Got my Spicer 2100842X Support Bearing today and it's huge compared to a stock 740 one. I will go test to see if it will fit in the 740, new holes will definitely need to be drilled into the plate that holds up the carrier bearing. The 740 one is still in the packaging because I will return it if I can get the Spicer one to fit.
IMG-1990.jpg

On the 242 I didn't use the u shaped metal part, I just cut some holes for the square part in the mounting plate, gsellster cut the square part off the rubber to make his fit. I'm getting ready to do my 780 so I'm really curious if you can make it work.

Yeah, I'm really curious as well. Like ^^^^ mentioned, I just made the rubber part round. Granted in a 140/240 the bearing carrier presses against the tunnel itself, instead of having the surround like the 7/9 has. That said, I know there's more room in the 740 tunnel than the stock carrier uses. Definitely will need other holes in the carrier plate. lol

Seeing those side by side, man, there's so much more heft in that Spicer one. Almost like they are designed to hold up and have power thru them.

The first test fit is a no go, the spicer is too wide. Unlike the 240 you need the two holes at the bottom so I have to keep the metal plate. My only option is to trim the outer section of the metal housing. Will this affect the integrity of the whole unit? It seems like it's only there for rigidity in the first place. Once I do it it will be basically the same as the stock 740 one and should definitely fit. I think I'm going to do it. Is this a good idea?
IMG-1991.jpg

Edit: I don't think it's possible. This is a picture of the stock housing and there is actually much less clearance than I thought, probably 5mm. Even if I trimmed the metal down on the spicer unit it would still be too large. The only way to make it work would be to drop the plate with washers, but then this would alter driveline angles and you wouldn't be able to have any upward adjustment. The angles might be fine but I have no idea if they would be. Is it really the end of the world If I use the stock bearing?
IMG-1994.jpg

Last edited:
Back