• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vida Dice help tips

ElHefe910

I have a purpose built Dell running all the requirements. I've gotten it to install but it doesn't recognize the Dice communication tool. Just a black X in the top left corner. I see that this is a common issue. I've tried typing in "regidit" after pressing the windows and R key at the same time but windows could not find file. I was trying to follow these steps provided by http://blog.cardiagtool.co.uk/how-to-fix-volvo-vida-dice-2014d-no-communication-tool/ Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. It is a clone program I bought off Ebay.

Interesting, they spelled it wrong in the article. Type 'regedit' instead, and follow the guide. Always double check that you're in the right area in the left hand column before modifying any values.

Thanks for that link. I feel like I'm so close to getting it to work. Vida is installed properly I believe. Everything works except Vida doesn't recognize the Dice but the computer recognizes it and says it's running correct with no new driver updates. The Dice unit also lights up like it should once plugged into obdii. However I think my computer is running with IE11 but everything seemed to install correctly.

Thanks for that link. I feel like I'm so close to getting it to work. Vida is installed properly I believe. Everything works except Vida doesn't recognize the Dice but the computer recognizes it and says it's running correct with no new driver updates. The Dice unit also lights up like it should once plugged into obdii. However I think my computer is running with IE11 but everything seemed to install correctly.

Follow that guide from the beginning and it will work.

Or, if you give up, for like 100 bucks you can just buy the Dice unit off Ebay that all the SS guys use. The seller is in Lithuania, but will remote connect to your computer and set it all up if needed.

Back