• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1990 740 turbo wagon being sluggish under boost

Jwilly

Okay so I bought this car for 600 bucks right after I got it
it felt like it wasn’t getting enough fuel. When I would start hitting boost it felt like something was clogging and it wouldn’t build any boost so I bought new oem parts:

PLUGS
INLINE FUEL PUMP
IN TANK PUMP
FUEL FILTER
FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR
MAF

After I changed the plugs the first time after a couple weeks it started running like crap
It had no power wouldn’t even get up to 30mph and eventually went to not starting at all. So I put new plugs in and went to driving fine again(still being sluggish under boost)
After three days it went back to running like crap again. I’ve read around and I can’t find any help..

Check for proper coolant temp operation, tons of threads on here about test procedures.

I would also pull back the boots on all the Bosch connectors on that side of the motor and make sure they are all going to their correct spots. Easy to put the plug for the CTS where the knock sensor, or cold start injector are and so on... quick visual with a proper diagram or back probe the ECU/EZK connectors.

Oh, The reason I would suspect the ECT is if the signal is incorrect (or non existent) LH will dump the ECU into "limp" mode and basically floods the motor trying to figure out what to do with a bad/missing signal. The sensor is a two wire unit, grounded through the block, one leg of the sensor goes to EZK, the other to LH ECU.

Back