• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

90 760 instrument cluster (120mph)

8587turbo

A lot has been said about 91-92 7/9 instrument cluster failure due to bad capacitors , I've searched (but little is said about early 760 speedo's) to find info on the Yazaki 120mph out of a 1990 760 are these prone to failure same as the 91-92 7/9 140mph instrument clusters? Now for the biggie are they compatible with the 91-92 7/9 instrument cluster? I have one that is good when removed & would like to put it into a 91. 945. Thanks

In my parts stash I have clusters from 89 760 and 92 960. The connectors looked to be different last time I checked.

My car is 88 760 but my cluster is still good.

All the connectors and the back of the speedometer looked different to me so I didn't use it. I pulled apart an 88 760 cluster to compare to my 92. Different in every possible way. So I didn't bother.

Got lucky and found a working 91 cluster in the junkyard to swap the speedo out with.

Someone mentioned DNA speedometer service knows how to rebuild the 91-92 speedometers. you can also attempt it yourself with a guide on the internet. I tried and was unsuccessful. Actually broke it more. I think the board traces were wrecked by the capacitor juice. Something to look out for.

Back