• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1993 240 No pressure on front passenger line, caliper circumvented guessing ABS?

Conorlee123

(1993 240) So all of my breaks bleed but but front passenger. I recently took all of my calipers off to put in new hardware and the likes. I put the all back on but once I went to bleed them I found that no fluid or pressure was coming to my front passenger line. The front drivers side has no lack of pressure. I first thought it was the bleeder screw, then the caliper, I went further up as I troubleshot. I went to the hose and then to the break line itself still nothing. So I went all the way up to the ABS modulator and still nothing came out and the outlet port was gone dry. I'm guessing a piston is compressed but I'm not sure. The car has sat for over a year. To confirm I opened up the front drivers side and again the fluid flowed just fine. I even started the car for whatever that may do and tried again with no success.

If the other 3 lines have adequate pressure then it wouldn't be the master cylinder, right?

I'll take anything I can get at this point as I'm not looking forward to changing the ABS modulator. I was thinking of trying to activate the ABS by getting to about 25mph and stomping on the breaks in hope of freeing it up but then again it could be the master cylinder and not at all the modulator or maybe even something else entirely.

Try bleeding the master cylinder itself. Remove the lines and put short lines on the master cylinder so the lines feed the flulid back into the reservoir. If you aren't getting pressure for that. Then you know it's the master cylinder. If it does work then you can move further down the line to the ABS pump.

I think there is a method to jumper the abs pump so it runs. But I've never messed with that.

Back