• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My 242, Now What Do I Do?

Trim the bump stops if you cut the springs. 2 coils in front is similar to IPD spring height. All cars are a little different and it's easy to cut more off, hard to put coils back on.

Got the zf rack installed

Was able to put the front wheels on

RED block

Getting excited as things get prepped!

Should I paint the locks black?

Black. 92 door handles, turbo belt trim and the window trim is black... any reason not to paint it black?

I think if you paint them black they'll look bad after you unlock the door about five times and then you'll obsess over it and either repaint them or strip the paint off. I would just leave them in that natural finish and they won't pop really bad next to all the black trim.

I think if you paint them black they'll look bad after you unlock the door about five times and then you'll obsess over it and either repaint them or strip the paint off. I would just leave them in that natural finish and they won't pop really bad next to all the black trim.

Yep this too^^! I'll put the belt trim on next and see how they look unpainted. I wonder if there's a dye or other coating that would hold up.

Any sources for the little gasket that goes behind the lock?

Thanks for your thoughts!

These seals? http://www.skandix.de/en/spare-part...locking-system/seal-locking-cylinder/1033279/
1033279.jpg

Back