• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

O2 Sensor Wire Replacement

DStarratt

My O2 sensor wire got wrapped around the axle and pulled out of the O2 sensor. Now there are three holes in the sensor with a little wire in each hole. There?s not any wire sticking out of the holes. Is there any hope I can solder the three wires back onto the O2 sensor? Has anyone done it successfully? Last question - Does it matter which wire goes in which hole? There are two white wires and one black wire. Thanks. Dave

O2 sensors are cheap. You have destroyed that one and it's time for a replacement. The two white wires are the heater circuit and the black wire is the signal from the sensor. If the wiring harness is still in good shape. You can buy a cheaper generic sensor and use the old harness for it. Bosch 15735 is a good universal one to use.

?O2 sensors are cheap. You have destroyed that one and it's time for a replacement.?

Ha! You are right of course. I was locked in buck-saving mode foe a second there. Thanks for the tips on cheap replacements. My harness is good so I will try one. This was a good reminder to make sure the wires are tucked up tight to the bottom of the car.

Back