• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Extend Transmission Cooler Lines

Lazarus

The upper steel transmission cooler line in my car has always been a little too short and doesn't fit square onto the radiator - worrisome. One U-toob video showed a guy who cut the steel line and spliced in a section of fuel line to make a flexible extension. The idea seems great until you realize that transmission fluid can get ripping hot, and the temp probably exceeds what fuel line can handle. Also, there would have to be a way to create a ball end on the cut sections of steel line, otherwise those fuel line splices would probably blow right off.

Suggestions? Thank you.
-Lazarus

If you want to use a hose, its needs to be an oil cooler hose. All auto parts stores carry it. This hose is rated for high temps.

The upper steel transmission cooler line in my car has always been a little too short and doesn't fit square onto the radiator - worrisome. One U-toob video showed a guy who cut the steel line and spliced in a section of fuel line to make a flexible extension. The idea seems great until you realize that transmission fluid can get ripping hot, and the temp probably exceeds what fuel line can handle. Also, there would have to be a way to create a ball end on the cut sections of steel line, otherwise those fuel line splices would probably blow right off.

Suggestions? Thank you.
-Lazarus

Just omit the second step in making the double flare.

bundyweld08.jpg

I would probably just cut the pipe and insert a compression splice, which would add about an inch to the length and perhaps allow you to connect it squarely to the radiator cooler.

Back