• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Misc engine bay shots

DanielRogers

So I just realized that after being a tbricks member for 3 years, I've never posted a picture of my car. I decided that needed to change, so here ya go!

passengersideview.jpg

Frontview.jpg

driversideview.jpg

Turbo.jpg

driversideview.jpg

turbodaytime.jpg

intakepassengerside.jpg

Enginebay2.jpg

Enginebay.jpg

ohhh ok sorry had a momentary brain fart right there. It's a 16g compressor housing (from HRC iirc). The 12b exhaust housing has been ported and machined to fit the 16g wheel :D

Can you give more details on the IC and post pics of it's install if possible?

Thanks!!!

24x12x3. It has a 3" inlet/outlet, which have 90 degree bends which taper down to 2.5". It's a pretty ghetto install even by TB standards, but i've run that car through canyons and it didn't budge an inch. basically all that's holding it in place is two fabricated metal brackets at the bottom. It sits on a lip that's probably less than an inch thick. I was actually trying to create a less ghetto mounting position this weekend and actually bolt it to the car, but I got lazy and decided to do it next weekend. I'll post pics up tonight.

That exhaust housing is a piece of turbobricks history :rofl:

So I've heard! glad i could join the tradition :)

Are the inlet/outlets mid tank?

nope, top of the tank.

Thats very pretty.
Do you know what numbers its putting down?
how much boost?
You should clean up that paint in the engine bay.

12-13psi for now. I feel it's kinda pointless to run more with the stock exhaust. Once I get the 3" on there and run some 100 octane and 20 psi, I'll take it to the dyno :oogle: I'm hoping for at least 200whp.

Very nice. Once you are done with your wrenching for the time being hit that engine bay with a pressure washer. Then it will be immaculate. Keep up the good work!

I'm kinda scared to pressure wash the engine bay. I tried washing it last weekend with just a low pressure garden hose and some simple green, and my car didn't start up very well for like an hour after that. i'm worried the pressure is going to knock something out of place...

Remove the spark plug wires (leave spark plugs installed), coil wire and distributor cap. Cover dist. cap with plastic bag/rubberband. Now clean/rinse. Re-install parts and start 'er up!

i leave mine running and go the the cheep-o car wash and blast the crap outa it, somtimes it sputters for 10 minutes or so but it drys fast.

Say, that's a pretty clean automobile! What are the engine specs?

Back