• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

7/9 Solid replacement for hydraulic motor mount?

pinguin

Queen Bitch of MWC Thread
Does anybody make a solid mount to replace the hydraulic mount without swapping to the old style brackets?

But its not that cool in a daily driven car... It totally kills the comfort.. For a saturday evening beater ok but..

nah they're not that bad. they're not solid mounts like poly, they just don't have the gooey center.

I had the difference tested in my fathers 764 230FT.. The solid rubbers suck big time next to the oem hydraulic ones.. The car shakes when idling and you have drone noises while in certain rpm ranges which were totally gone when we switched to hydros..

But.. Its a bit princess on the pea story.. I would install them in my 16v but not in my dailybitch ;)

http://www.sambilmode.se - They do some it requires a spacer then a mount.

Alternatively you can find the brackets from an old 740 that use rubber mounts instead of oil filled, thats what i did then used land rover poly inserts.

1c2f85d7-d582-44bd-96da-10d2d97ced07_zpshj5tqghc.jpg

IMG_4900_zps5ngoogne.jpg

The poly mounts vibrate a little and cause some minor droning but other wise they are good, i don't drive mine everyday so NVH is low on the list of priorities.

http://www.sambilmode.se - They do some it requires a spacer then a mount.

Alternatively you can find the brackets from an old 740 that use rubber mounts instead of oil filled, thats what i did then used land rover poly inserts.

1c2f85d7-d582-44bd-96da-10d2d97ced07_zpshj5tqghc.jpg

IMG_4900_zps5ngoogne.jpg

The poly mounts vibrate a little and cause some minor droning but other wise they are good, i don't drive mine everyday so NVH is low on the list of priorities.

Do you have a part number or a source for the land Rover mounts? Or what model they're from? Mine need replacing so I've been exploring options.

Yeah, I found Retroturbo also, and it seems they have some nice parts, they seem to serve the European market as an alternative to ordering from the US(ipd, rsi).

Yeah, I found Retroturbo also, and it seems they have some nice parts, they seem to serve the European market as an alternative to ordering from the US(ipd, rsi).

Very true. It seems like they have a lot of parts that IPD either doesn't carry or just don't make for the 700/900 anymore.

These mounts, for example, seem like they might work with the hydraulic mounts. There is an older post, from a couple of years back where I posted these and someone commented that they replied to him about the mounts and said they have different kinds and to email them to discuss.

Back