• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My 242, Now What Do I Do?

So in preparation for the a/c system upgrade, I’m changing out thepassenger side firewall panel. Used 100% black silicone to seal the edges.

The panel had a hole for the steering (I think) and I filled it in with a metal plate and painted it.

In she goes!

Added sound deadener as its right by the downpipe.

Returned the oem padding after trimming to fit and put the ecu/ezk and harnesses back

Hey can anyone guide me to a speedo cable (from m46 to dash)? I see there are several available that say they fit a wide range of years but I want the correct one. Thanks!

Thanks! Been a while since I posted.

Tonight I added the locker to the rear axle

This was a bigger project than I thought but everything went pretty smoothly thanks to my friend Alejandro (Slicknerd). He help me through the entire process.

Added a Dave Samuels strut bar and painted the firewall braces to match. This is a very nice piece; it’s well made and has quality fasteners and looks great, too!

So I discovered that my STS flywheel was not positioned properly for the lh2.4 swap, so I pulled the tranny and re-clocked it and finalized the OD wiring while it was out. Anyone else make this mistake? But the several hours of work to pull/reposition/reinstall trans/exhaust/driveshaft went by quickly. The Hf trans jack worked great!

Getting the front engine bay together. 93 ac system installed/mounts fabricated/lines run (needs wiring run/refrigerant added but that’s later). NPR intercooler installed and radiator/efan installed. Working on turbo piping today...

Last edited:
Thank you! I wanna drive this thing, so I’m making it at the top of my list for the next few weeks! Got some interior work done...

Dat dash though...!

Moved the 242 to do some garage rearranging and just had to take a pic of her, isn’t she pretty?! She’ll be running soon...

Moved the 242 to do some garage rearranging and just had to take a pic of her, isn?t she pretty?! She?ll be running soon...

I recently picked a 242t with the same paint code and I was seriously considering a color change but this picture has changed my mind and Im going back to original!

Thanks for heads up; my stands are ok and I’ve done at least a dozen carriage swaps With them! They are very robust. Someday I’ll get a lift!
I love the medium blue metallic #2. It’s a great shade and looks nice on the car. And thanks! You’ve had a hand in many of my builds good sir!

Back