• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Gt 28 turbo problem

mostafa 3fifi

Morning bros :)
I have some Troubles with my engine which swapped into Mazda RX5 f or drift use :grrr:
I've just installed a gt 28 ( ball-bearing) turbo to my b230fk :oogle:

1 - i used 1 mm external oil restrictor (the turbo has 1.5 mm. Internal. One but bearings' sound is better and more calm with the external. Restrictor..
**tell me if i need to change or modify the external one) :nod:

2 - boost gauge shows - ve and when I reach high rpm. Boost gauge get closer to 0 in - ve range as well like - 0.5...-1 etc. :roll:

3- when gears on natural it reaches rev Limiter as usual it not when loaded with full throttle it holds 4.5 rpm and still dont rev higher or even dies ! :grrr:

* fuel pressure 3.7 bar *
*i've tried to remove wastegate vaccum but no change happened neither boost nor rpm*
*maf working as engine's sound and response changes when i connect or disconnect it *
Thanks for your efforts

Addressing your points:

1) The external restrictor is needed to reduce oil flow into the ball-bearing system. 1.0 mm is a good place to start for the external restrictor. If you don't have any oil leakage past the seals (into either compressor or turbine/exhaust), then you're OK with 1.0 mm.

2/3) Sounds like you have either one or more of the following:
a) Wastegate spring is too light allowing the gate to open at very low pressure
b) Boost leak
c) Exhaust leak

Questions:
i) Have you pressure tested your charge plumbing? From compressor through intercooler, throttle body, intake manifold...
ii) Internal or external wastegate? If internal, which actuator are you using?

I found the problem.. That the turbo axle has been wrecked! Dunno what is the reason as the turbo was almost new (chinesse production) .. But am Searching for another turbo to put
Any advices?

I found the problem.. That the turbo axle has been wrecked! Dunno what is the reason as the turbo was almost new (chinesse production) .. But am Searching for another turbo to put
Any advices?

My advice would be to not buy Chinese copy ball bearing turbos...

Back