• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

To squirt or not to squirt?

have you done something like that with an 8v head?

I have not, but it should be doable. You'd probably have to tap into the oil galley at the rear of the head, through one of the steel plugs.

The only point of reference I have is the old 8v rally engine. Same rpm range, and the last two cam journals did not look the best after ~1500-2000 race miles. The 16v head looked much better on tear down this last time.

have you done something like that with an 8v head?

I don't think that an 8V head would benefit from this mod as much. The problem with the 16V comes from the fact that the angle at which the head is canted prevents the lifters/cam at the back driver side of the head from getting a good oil feed...

Not meaning to hijack this thread. Going back on topic

I can see why you aren't going to do the squirters. Forged stuff is tough. Personally though I am also going for max longetivity when I build up a B21FT so I have the bmw squirters to go in there when I get to it.

I've been beating on my bB21+t for 4 years with no squirters and wiseco forged pistons, still runs well. I've probably done more damage with poor tuning/washing the cylinders with fuel. There was that time the injector driver in my microsquirt failed and pumped 6 gallons of gas through the engine all at once too. It doesn't appear that I missed anything by not installing them.

Back