• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

You usually put them in the doors, Carl. :-P
I would at least take the time to get the wiring ran to the doors. I can take a picture of where my rear door speakers are located and send it to you.

Would this be stupid? I have an old suit case that I keep in the car to conceal spare parts and tools. Rather than putting holes in trim panels, I was thinking about putting two 6x9's in the top of the case with some type of quick disconnect for the wiring so I could remove it easily to carry stuff. One problem that occurred to me is that the speaker magnets would attract any ferrous-based items in said suit case.

056-M.jpg

I used to have a couple suit case radio set ups in my air cooled days. I think it’s cool but that’s my opinion.

195/60R15 vs 215/55R16. Virgos are classic. Any problem using non-Virgo lugs? Maybe go to a slightly taller 195/65 snow tire.

74C9A06E-D87B-4C9B-84BC-E4C451D547D7-M.jpg

9C1949CC-59FF-4190-A9BD-389A1BC45905-M.jpg

Last edited:
It drives the best it ever has for me! The Virgos that came with the car had trash tires. So I "improved" it by going to steamrollers (215/55R16) on Hydras. Steering wander ensued. (And of course all the worn suspension / steering junk). The tires that came on the new-to-me Virgos are worn. Plan to spoon on a new set of 195/60R15 all-seasons and drive to Davis in non-tramlining bliss.

Hydras now for sale. Maybe the set up would drive better on a 7 or 9 series.

My kid took the photo. Amazing.

Back