• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr. Borrie Meet, March 9-10, NYC, USA

mikep

Vintage Ride
Feeler/interest/ideas/yadda thread for meeting in NYC or surrounding areas.
Preferably with a few Volvos, but not a deal-breaker if it isn't a real parking lot meet.

He will be there March 3rd through the 13th, so others could possible meet and say hello on other days if you can't do this weekend.

I am open for Saturday or Sunday, if needed I will add a poll.

Yep. He arrives on a Sunday, leaves on a Wednesday. This is specifically for one day of The weekend in the middle.
Dave (dl242gt) is riding up with me, and anyone else from the NJ/DC/Balt/Wilmington area who wants to meet can caravan.
Anyone else who wants to meet us in or near NYC are welcome to meet us.

Yep. He arrives on a Sunday, leaves on a Wednesday. This is specifically for one day of The weekend in the middle.
Dave (dl242gt) is riding up with me, and anyone else from the NJ/DC/Balt/Wilmington area who wants to meet can caravan.
Anyone else who wants to meet us in or near NYC are welcome to meet us.

tell me which day(s) you plan on going and I will take PTO for those days!

Maybe he would want to visit the vintage auto museum of NJ? There are a lot of american classics there that I know he'd never see at home. https://www.vintageautomuseum.org
A bit over an hour from NYC along the shore.
That's a real good idea.
He said he could meet us at an outlet outside of NYC for parking, so if we can arrange a ride to the museum, we can meet there.
I'll call Shawn King.

Yeah, there is plenty of free parking at the museum. I will check in with some of the folks up north. I'm sure some of them would meet up and caravan or give him a ride to the museum. Will update as I know more.

I contacted a couple of people up north jersey. They are going to try and meet up with him. Nik 89_740turbo is one of the people I checked in with.

Hey mikep,

Dave told me you guys planned on making a trip down to the Vintage Automobile Museum of NJ at some point. My sister is having her engagement party that day so I will not be able to make it but if you guys plan on going there, I can call the museum to let them know you guys plan on going as well as alert my volvo club to get a bunch of other volvo people there as well.

Please DM me with your # so I can call you and coordinate this further.

89_740Turbo called the museum to let them know we will be there.

I've scheduled everything for 12 noon, March 9th. My club MAVC will be there with the coolest custom and stock Volvo's NJ has to offer as well as other great old school Volvos from others who are apart of the club but live outside NJ.

This meet is actually our first kickoff meet of the year so I'm glad this all worked out! The museum will be giving us tours and they also will be letting the vintage boating museum around back know we will be there incase any of us decide to check it out, which if you want to you should because its equally as interesting as the auto museum.

March 9th
12 Noon
Where: Vintage Automobile Museum of NJ

Back