• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Wrist Pin Clearance Question

$200 + bushings which at this time would have to be made.

My circle track race motor shop wants $15 per rod to install and hone but can't be bothered to work on furrin stuff.

Do you have 23mm bushings in stock?

$200 + bushings which at this time would have to be made.

My circle track race motor shop wants $15 per rod to install and hone but can't be bothered to work on furrin stuff.

Do you have 23mm bushings in stock?

$15 a rod is fair price.. They do Chebby which is .927.. That 23 comes out .9055"
Tell them that..Nine oh Five five one.. Take 2 pins and tell them to shut up a pin is a god damn pin.
Plenty of the baddest Merikuhn V8s have been using 22mm pins and even 20 and The "Honda Rod Journal" on the cranks is old snooze now..
A pin is just a pin.

The pins in this motor measure .9046 and fall out of the pistons if turned sidewayz.
The rod I can throw the pin through from across the shop. I was able to get a .0015 feeler started between the pin and the bush.

So even if I tighten the rod bushings the pistons will still be loose, I'm thinking all this $hit gets hung on the wall of shame.

The pins in this motor measure .9046 and fall out of the pistons if turned sidewayz.
The rod I can throw the pin through from across the shop. I was able to get a .0015 feeler started between the pin and the bush.

So even if I tighten the rod bushings the pistons will still be loose, I'm thinking all this $hit gets hung on the wall of shame.

I imagine the bushings right from Volvo are cheap, under $5

And from RockOtter we see:
VOLVO 1990 240 2.3L L4 Engine Piston Pin Bushing
Price
ITM ENGINE COMPONENTS RB4541 Info
(Only 4 Remaining)
$4.41
get some bushings, rebuild..Make a mandrel for the pressing in.. Nylon

What are the chances that these no_name H beams use a standard Volvo bushing?

I'll make a tool and push a bushing out to check the OD.

Is the OEM bushing od listed somewhere?

What are the chances that these no_name H beams use a standard Volvo bushing?

I'll make a tool and push a bushing out to check the OD.

Is the OEM bushing od listed somewhere?

I'm sure its in the service manual...I have a rod out there with a bush pushed out ----and i have some SAE 660 bronze right over there...I have 2 sets of pistons with .927 Chevy pins that I need to make some bushes for the "13mm" rods so i can sell the pistons so I pressed a bush out...No telling what the bush OD for those rods are..
Just gotta measure (accurately) cause the bush needs about .002 press fit.

I don't have a nice inside mic.

I'm getting ~.968 inside diameter after pressing out the bushing. (with calipers)

Have not been able to find the Volvo bushing OD or rod ID spec.

23mm pin

Any help?

I'm trying to find out the bore ID of the small end of a Volvo rod. (bushing OD)

I don't know if my aftermarket rods use a standard pin bushing.

It is cheaper to by a new set of rods than it is to have bushings made, installed and honed.

I'd like to know more about the Chevy pinned pistons, as pistons are on my shopping list as well.

Do you have an OD micrometer? And can you press the bushing out of the pin?
HF has cheap snap gauges for measuring IDs. Would work to get you the answer.

I don't have a Volvo rod I have aftermarket rods.

I have the bushing out and I measured (with calipers) the ID of the rod at .968"
But this is not a Volvo rod and I don't know if the Volvo bushing will fit.

Any help?

I'm trying to find out the bore ID of the small end of a Volvo rod. (bushing OD)

I don't know if my aftermarket rods use a standard pin bushing.

It is cheaper to by a new set of rods than it is to have bushings made, installed and honed.

I'd like to know more about the Chevy pinned pistons, as pistons are on my shopping list as well.
All cheap whiteblock H-beams with 23mm bushing have so far had the same OD as stock B2XX redblock. I've had a couple sets changed. Would assume it's the same with redblock H-beams. I can try to remember measure one.

Not sure a white block has 23mm pins, but I am fornicating a red block.

I haff vee ansewer. Or rather a data point...

The RockAuto bushings Part # RB4541 listed for this motor do not fit the eBay rods I have. OD is too large.
I'm not going to open the package to measure the actual OD, but they are significantly larger.

Back