• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MikeJr's 242 Project

Do you Paint and do bodywork yourself?
It was about 50/50. I can do paint and body work, and I did do a lot of the work, but this time I called in a few i.o.u.'s and enlisted the help of a few guys at work. I had one of my buddy's rough in the bodywork, and another do the actual spraying of the paint, and another guy did the buffing. All professionals that do this kind of work everyday.

Like I said I can do this work, but due to time constraints and a 57 bug I was working on I just didn't have time to do it all.

I finally polished and painted the GTAs. I decided to use rattle can vintage wheel paint the Eastwood sells. I wanted that dull vintage luster that older bbs seemed to have.

155951724.jpg

155951675.jpg

155951674.jpg

155951768.jpg

Now all I need is the tires, and I can't for the life of me decide on a size.

I'm thinking either 205/45r16, 225/45R16, or 245/35R16. I wanted the 245s but I could not find anyone that sells that size anymore. I think I will just go with the 225s. I think 50s or 55s would be to hammy.

Nice Wheels!:)
They support the Group A look also, the center kind of looks like the BBS Wheels some of the Group A cars had:)

Did you use the stripper on the whole wheel, just the centers, or just the lips?

They turned out awesome and they fit the car even better.

Did you use the stripper on the whole wheel, just the centers, or just the lips?

They turned out awesome and they fit the car even better.

The centers were plasti dipped black with the original gold underneath. I stripped all that just off the centers and sanded the clear off the lips before polishing.

The centers were plasti dipped black with the original gold underneath. I stripped all that just off the centers and sanded the clear off the lips before polishing.

Oh, I see! I've heard that it is better to use the stripper on the lips before sanding, but it sure looks like it worked for you!

I'm thinking either 205/45r16, 225/45R16, or 245/35R16. I wanted the 245s but I could not find anyone that sells that size anymore. I think I will just go with the 225s. I think 50s or 55s would be to hammy.

I would like two 225/4516 as well, but options are really limited unless you want Advans or Porxes. I don't think the 50's look balloony, at least that's what I'll end up telling myself so I can get the tires I want.

Yeah but in what only looks like a 45 which it a little to tall at that width IMO.
That's why I was thinking a 35 or 40 with the 245

yea, they are made for people who care about going fast and not ones who just want to look fast... :-P

You know it really can't be called "Group A" or Group A replica if you just throw any old parts on there....like the 16v and the headers.. Group A was very VERY restrictive..
8v and stock intake and exhaust manifold was the rules...Still is.

Back