• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 96o part number needed

PAULDRIVER

Does anyone know the part number by any luck, for my 1996 volvo 96O crankshaft ?

Its a 2.9L 24v whiteblock

My local volvo dealer said "we dont give part numbers out" :-(

I need it to find the spec of the splines, as i need to make a crank for my motor, and a part number will save some $

Does anyone know the part number by any luck, for my 1996 volvo 96O crankshaft ?

Its a 2.9L 24v whiteblock

My local volvo dealer said "we dont give part numbers out" :-(

I need it to find the spec of the splines, as i need to make a crank for my motor, and a part number will save some $

Does it have to be a 1996? I think I have a 1994 crank on the shelf.

You can get parts manuals for all classic Volvos at gcp.se. I don't know why you would be making a crankshaft, that seems terribly involved to do, but you can get part numbers through GCP.

I have 1 crank from a 1994 on the shelf and another one I can take off a 1992 B6304 engine that is out of the car if you ever need a crank.

Thanks broke 4 speed, i found the part number i need.

What it is im trying to find the actual crank specs, as my motor will run around 800 hp,

I wanted to know if my crank would take the power ?

and also use the part number to identify the crank splines if i need to have a crank made.

What sort of power will my crank take, before it lets go, as i want to be safe as opposed to sorry ?

Last edited:
Stock crank will take over 1000hp and 1200Nm easy. Use B6284T or FWD B6304/B6294 crank if you want to have a lighter one. Bearings and timing gear spline are the same.

Back