• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

AC Compressor Question

xDread92x

I was doing some research and it seemed many say the rebuilt ac compressors are junk. I guess mainly because they are rebuilt poorly. They have a 1 year warranty which helps. I cant afford a new one by any means and I'm on the verge of an AC rebuild in the 240.

Thoughts?

I've never used a rebuitl a/c compressor of the rotary type. But if the company will warranty their work and the warranty replacement isn't a horrible process. Then that may be worth a try. I bought a new one when I redid the a/c on my 93. It was only $265 for a new one that was a bigger stronger compressor than original.

What refrigerant you are using matters. If you are going to R134 you are better off getting a new compressor designed to run at the higher pressure. The old R12 compressor used on R134 isn't going to last very long.

Yea these refurbished compressors are only R134A compatible so that shouldn't be an issue.

Clutch wont spin while belts are running. Pulley spins but clutch doesnt.

No cool air blows out at all

Jump the low pressure cutoff switch. It the clutch engages you need Freon. If not, you need a compressor.

Is the test wire the one coming from the top front of the compressor with the male end?

Back