• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B21A +T with LH2.4

Jaypee_6680

Hello all,

I?m new to turbobricks but not to turbo charged volvos!

I have a UK 1975 245DL with a B21A engine.

I?d like to keep the stock engine so my engine numbers and registered engine capacity are original, but turbocharge it.

Is it possible to run the +T manifolds from a b230/200FT, and the LH2.4 management with my B21?

I imagine the computers from a B200 turbo might run a map that could work on a b21 turbo?

Anyway comments much appreciated, I have done plenty of searching all over and found no one who has done this!

John

So could I install the 58-2 flywheel and add a crank sensor to the B21?

I can find any info on anyone doing this and would like to know if it?s because it?s impossible, or because it?s just easier to fit a B230.

I?d really like to keep the B21!

John

So could I install the 58-2 flywheel and add a crank sensor to the B21?

I can find any info on anyone doing this and would like to know if it’s because it’s impossible, or because it’s just easier to fit a B230.

I’d really like to keep the B21!

John

Easier to fit the b230 as it will have the threaded holes for the crank position bracket. You can can drill the b21 block for the crank position bracket if you wanted. You need the flywheel, crank sensor and the lh 2.4 distributor.

Ok great!

So LH2.4 is possible.

My question now is whether the computers from a B230FT would fuel correctly for the smaller capacity B21?

John

My LH2.4 swapped B21FT seems to run fine here in Colorado -- 5400 foot elevation, so ~20% less oxygen/fuel than sea level. The LH2.4 uses a MAF or AMM to measure incoming air mass. This will correct automatically for how much air is going into the engine, including differences in engine size and elevation. For warmup, idle, acceleration, the LH2.4 tables for a 2.3L engine may be off a bit when used with a 2.1L engine, but it's certainly better than K-Jet.

For best idle, you'll need to figure out how to supply a VSS vehicle speed sensor signal to the LH2.4 ECU. For one option, see: https://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=342812

Hi John,

the ECU's will be fine with the B21. You will need to change the flywheel and clutch.

I have new looms and lots of the bits needed for the conversion

Happy Volvoing
Dai

Back